ISY finder: not found

Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

1 hour ago, paulbates said:

It's best to make the IP settings in the ISY automatic... that will 'future proof' your ISY and computer if/when network changes are made again.

Is this as simple as choosing Automatic (DHCP) under Network settings in the UD Network settings? and clearing the UPnP?

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, 62vetteefp said:

Is this as simple as choosing Automatic (DHCP) under Network settings in the UD Network settings?

Yes. Exactly. 

If you want/need to have the ISY at the same IP the current recommended/suggested method is via DHCP Address Reservation at the router level. Since you seem to be running multiple network devices/systems you need to figure out which device to set that reservation on.

As you experienced the additional network devices were blocking the ability for the ISY994 to connect externally. 

5 hours ago, Geddy said:

Yes. Exactly. 

If you want/need to have the ISY at the same IP the current recommended/suggested method is via DHCP Address Reservation at the router level. Since you seem to be running multiple network devices/systems you need to figure out which device to set that reservation on.

As you experienced the additional network devices were blocking the ability for the ISY994 to connect externally. 

Thanks. Basically the ATT router is used for wired devices (two laptops at their respective desk) and all the wifi runs off EERO extenders with the base one plugged into the ATT router. ATT router is mandatory with ATT fibre and I needed extenders for my long house. 

Have not tried it yet but if I try and access isy from a remote location will I be able to?

23 minutes ago, 62vetteefp said:

Basically the ATT router is used for wired devices (two laptops at their respective desk) and all the wifi runs off EERO extenders with the base one plugged into the ATT router. ATT router is mandatory with ATT fibre and I needed extenders for my long house. 

The network service that the finder uses to find the ISY is (initially) not part part of the TCP/IP protocol.. it's a discovery/magic frame. It's good because it doesn't care what the IP address of the ISY is... it will ask it to identify itself. What's not good is that because it's not TCP/IP packet, it won't pass through the router/gateway in the EERO. Many access points offer "Bridge Mode" where it uses the host (AT&T) as the router. If the EERO has "Bridge Mode" this gets around the problem.

23 minutes ago, 62vetteefp said:

Have not tried it yet but if I try and access isy from a remote location will I be able to?

Yes. It's possible through your ISY portal account. It's a little tricky to setup, but once setup works really well. 

Edited by paulbates