UD Mobile Not Updating Some Statuses in Real Time

Go to solution Solved by Javi,

Does anyone know why UD Mobile might not be updating in real time?  And it seems it's more delayed on some devices and not others, but sometimes it is all devices.  Essentially it's tough to trust the status UD Mobile is showing me because sometimes (and often) it's wrong.  (Note:  I used MobiLinc prior, and never had issues, so I don't believe it's my network or setup, but I could be wrong).

I'm running eISY (previously ISY994i), and mostly all Insteon devices for lights and things, with Elk M1 + honeywell devices for alarm.

The two biggest culprits are my garage doors and my alarm.

On the garage doors, I have it with what I would call the typical programming that was copied from this forum many many years ago.  The garage doors are toggled by a relay (Insteon garage door kid that is wired into the garage door openers), and a magnet (reversed so it shows correct if magnet is "open" vs. "closed").  On MobiiLinc I remember it had a little garage door icon that showed open or closed based on the status (magnet).  With the UD Mobile setup (which I like UD Mobile btw), there's a button on my favorites for the relays (press this to open or close the doors), and there's a button for the magnet status.  If I toggle the relay (open the door), the relay lights up yellow as if it's ON.  This eventually clears itself but is sort of annoying that it always shows yellow like it's on.  But really should be a momentary on/off.  (I have the color changed to yellow when devices are on).  Then the door is open, so the magnet is separated and that device should show yellow (as if open), but it doesn't.  If I query it, it then does show yellow / open.  If I close the door, again it stays yellow until I query it when it shows closed / off.  Even closing and re-opening the app doesn't update the status.  Is there a way to get the magnet devices to update instantly in the UD Mobile app so that I know for sure if the garage doors are open or closed?

Regarding the alarm...that's an ELK M1 system running Honeywell devices.  It just doesn't work sometimes.  I can turn the alarm ON from the UD Mobile app and half the time it doesn't do anything, although half the time it does turn the alarm on.  Very annoying.  And the status doesn't update in real time either.  I don't know if it's ON or OFF by looking in the app.  I then have to revert to eKPro which I've had for over a decade and still always works fine.  I'd prefer to do everything in one app of course, so just very frustrating that half the time the alarm doesn't work and/or isn't updated in real time in UD Mobile.

Anyone know if these two issues might be related or what a fix might be?

As for the many lights I have in the house, 95-98% of the time those all do show the status correctly/update in real time when I toggle the buttons to turn the lights on or off in the app.

Thanks for any help!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Javi said:

That is not a valid iox firmware Version.   UD Mobile> Settings Tab > firmware 

Sorry about that.  That was from the eISY.  Just looked there out of habit.  My fault!

Current firmware for UD Mobile is: 5.6.  Updating to 5.8.3 now.

*After the update, it showed it updated to 5.8.4.

Thanks.

Edited by KHouse

A little bit of an update/issue.

Ever since the app software update, I now have this error when trying to set the alarm to armed/ON.  I did not have this error before, and the alarm still works fine through eKeypad app.

Any ideas how to resolve the error?

Thanks again!

Alarm Error.jpg

4 hours ago, Javi said:

Is this a Plugin (Node Server)?

Has synchronization been performed since the firmware update?

It looks like the status values are missing so if it is a plugin it may need to be restarted.

When I open the admin console, it shows ELK as a plugin.

I just completed a synchronization, and now when trying to set the alarm to armed I get the error "Node Status UOM".

I tried restarting the app and restarting the Elk M1.  Same error.

Thanks again.

23 hours ago, Javi said:

From your screenshot it looks like there is no status for this plug-in. The plug-in needs to be restarted.

Would you be able to help explain how to do that?

In admin console I dont see anywhere to restart the plugin.

In the app, I go to ADMIN -> Plugins -> ELK (it says STOPPED on this screen) -> when open the node server information is highlighted in red.  Says status is STOPPED.  If I hit the start command at the bottom it says ERROR - ALREADY RUNNING.  I've tried pressing re-start there but that didn't help anything.

Thanks!

You need to open pg3x and go to the plugins Configuration tab. This is the same screen where you setup the plugin.

You access it from a browser by typing xxx.xxx.x.xxx:300. Replace the x's with your eisy's IP address.

The login information is the same as for your eisy. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, DennisC said:

You need to open pg3x and go to the plugins Configuration tab. This is the same screen where you setup the plugin.

You access it from a browser by typing xxx.xxx.x.xxx:300. Replace the x's with your eisy's IP address.

The login information is the same as for your eisy. 

Unfortunately I'm getting an error when tryint to restart the plugin there.  The configurations tab says it's disconnected, however, when I press start, it says it's already running.  When I press re-start, I get the error with the red/orange pictured below.

EDIT:  I found the little checkbox for allow ISY access, so that part is resolved.  However, I still get the same error about it being disconnected and when I try to start or restart it doesn't do anything.  It says it's already running.

Error 1.PNG

Error 2.PNG

Edited by KHouse

Go back to the configuration page in PG3x. There is a fairly new requirement to allow the plugin access. Look for a small check box requesting access and check the box to allow it.

I'm not at my computer to be able to tell you exactly where it is, but if you look for it you should have no issue finding it.

It should be right after the long poll setting.

If it is not there, you are probably running an old version of PG3 and need to update (update packages), or you are still on PG3 and not PG3x.

Edited by DennisC
Correct typo
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, KHouse said:

Unfortunately I'm getting an error when tryint to restart the plugin there.  The configurations tab says it's disconnected, however, when I press start, it says it's already running.  When I press re-start, I get the error with the red/orange pictured below.

EDIT:  I found the little checkbox for allow ISY access, so that part is resolved.  However, I still get the same error about it being disconnected and when I try to start or restart it doesn't do anything.  It says it's already running.

Error 2.PNG

ISY access needs to be enabled for this plugin.  This was a recent permission change for plugins which can access/control isy.  This is safe for this plugin.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, DennisC said:

Go back to the configuration page in PG3x. There is a fairly new requirement to allow the plugin access. Look for a small check box requesting access and check the box to allow it.

I'm not at my computer to be able to tell you exactly where it is, but if you look for it you should have no issue finding it.

It should be right after the long poll setting.

If it is not there, you are probably running an old version of PG3 and need to update (update packages), or you are still on PG3 and not PG3x.

3 hours ago, Javi said:

ISY access needs to be enabled for this plugin.  This was a recent permission change for plugins which can access/control isy.  This is safe for this plugin.

Yes, thank you.  I did check that box, which resolved the orange error, however, I when I try to set the alarm in UD Mobile, I still get error "Node Status UOM".

In PG3x, it shows that the plugin is disconnected.  I try to press start, and it says it's already running.  I try to press restart, and that doesn't change anything / do anything.

On 8/26/2024 at 11:24 AM, Javi said:

Try rebooting controller.

Are the Nodes in the Admin Console?   If they are try synchronizing UD Mobile.

I just tried rebooting the controller, still no fix.

I've upgraded the UD Mobile App to current version, restarted the plugin in PG3x, rebooted the eISY, restarted the Elk M1, synchornized in the app, tried to restart the plugin from the app (that does nothing), tried to start the plugin in PG3x under configurations, checked the box to allow the plugin access to the eISY, tried to press start in the app...nothing has worked.  I still have the same issue where it shows the plugin is disconnected.

When I try to start the plugin, I get the error message that it's already running (see attached).  When I try to press restart on the plugin in UD Mobile, I get the below error message.

Capture.PNG

IMG_0720.PNG

1 hour ago, Javi said:

Please open a ticket, included the browser screenshot and a copy of the node server's log 

Sorry for the basic questions.  Where would I open the ticket at, and where would I find the node server log?

Thanks again!