X10 Mystery... Easy way to log and review?

This may be a silly ask but I have used UD products for years... and I have a big mix of devices in my house. In the home theater, there are some ancient X10 dimmers that control the lighting. Recently, they seem to be randomly turning on and I'm struggling to identify the issue.

I'm looking for a suggestion about how I might get my eisy to trap all X10 activity for a 24hr period and then let me review/filter in an editor.

I looked at the event viewer and that is the right idea but I'm not sure how to review offline as "real time" is cumbersome.

Thoughts?

What is the house code / unit code... Not J is it?

I would temporarily shift the house code to something else, and wait and see if it repeats. If it does not, modify your programs to the new house code

Edited by paulbates

As @oberkc indicated, the ISY log should show X10 activity received by the PLM.  In the view below, activity on house code F is valid.  Activity on House Code P is not.

Unfortunately, X10 signals are likely very low level.  If you don't have X10 repeaters in your system, it's unlikely the PLM will receive ALL the X10.

Time to pull out the age old X10 troubleshooting tools:

1. Look for battery devices that may be failing (motions, etc).  These can spontaneously change house/unit code as the battery drains.
  2. Trace circuits (flip breakers, unplug devices)- if the problem is isolated to a circuit or phase try filtering or improving signal levels.
  3. As @paulbates indicated, try changing house codes.  Certain house codes are more prone to noise issues.  J is one of them because of the bit coding.  I have always gotten spurious signals on P.  House code A is typically where battery devices communicate when they start failing.     
  4. It is possible that an Insteon device has a X10 house code programmed.  The only way to eliminate the House code is to factory reset/ restore the device.  

You may need to head over to the old X10 forum for additional tools.  

image.thumb.png.3781659788b85493971c57bb6ead59d2.png

• Like 1