Zmatter board on eisy and polisy

Guy Lavoie
Go to solution Solved by firstone,

As the instructions clearly indicate, if someone has a Zmatter board in his polisy and wants to transfer it to a eisy, you take it out, install it the USB enclosure, and then plug into your eisy.

My question is this: with the Zmatter board now USB, can it plugged into a polisy as a USB device and work? Or does it have to be reinstalled internally?

@Guy Lavoie my "assumption" would be that it could be used via USB. I believe the USB enclosure was also available prior to eisy. Looking at the enclosure product information it does reference Polisy so seems like it would work.

It would be best to contact UD directly to ask the question and get the answer from them. 

Support tickets are quick and simple for such a inquiry: https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

Please be sure to post back to let us know. 

No urgent need for an answer, just would be nice to know, if anyone already has an answer. I prefer tickets for actual time sensitive issues and problems...

It's because as it stands, I first acquired a used ISY994i a few months ago for cheap and got into this world (I was an ADI Ocelot user for the past 25 years), then lucked out on a slightly used eisy, to which I added a Zooz dongle and have since implemented lots of Insteon devices and zwave locks into my home setup. It's my in-use home system.

Now just a few days ago, I got a nice used polisy that has the Zmatter board in it. I want to use it as my development and test system. I've already begun plugin development testing. It will also be handy to test any zigbee or matter devices when the support is finally released. I know zigbee is already possible, and will try it when I come across anything zigbee (can it drive Hue bulbs directly?)

So at some point in the future, if I ever end up with actual installed zigbee or matter devices, I'll probably want to move the Zmatter board to the eisy. It would be nice to be able to put it back temporarily on the polisy if needed for any testing.