Question on SWL versions and their performance

BobMiller

Steve,

I was an early adopter of Insteon and 14 of the 36 SWL devices in my house are at version v.22.

From various threads I have read in this forum, it sounds as if there is some issue with a version v.22 device signaling properly to the ISY and I'd like to see if you can clarify it.

1) Are you familiar with this issue?

2) Is it that the v.22 units never responds or that the signal quality isn't good or the signal level isn't adequate?

3) If it is an issue, can these units be factory upgraded to a later revision?

4) If they can't be upgraded, would Smarthome have a upgrade discount for purchasing new or refurbished units?

I'd try to get some of those answers by experimenting on my setup but I'm sorting out some over-riding noise issues at the moment. I have some Filterlincs and new Access Points on order to hopefully fix that problem.

If the v.22 versions are a problem, I'd like to get those resolved in parallel if possible.

Thanks for your help and participation in this forum,

Bob

Bob,

Sorry I didn't see your post until now. I don't know the answer and haven't heard anything about v.22 being a problem. I'm the guy who take the product out of the box, installs it and see how it works. The only time I get involved with differences in firmware versions is when I have a definite problem with a install or project, so far that has not happened. You can call me at SH at X165 if you would like to talk about it.

SteveL

Archived