ISY and Makita MOTORIZED drapery opener

busababy

I was just wondering if anyone has come up with a way to tie in Makita MOTORIZED drapery opener (ZZADO18K-1) that works off IR to ISY? I would love to have a way to program this with my ISY. The Makita has a remote and a program function, but if it drops power it will not keep the program. I was just wondering if anyone is using this product and how they use it with the ISY.

John

Thanks for the reply Michel,

No it only has IR. Do you know of anything that I could put on the opposite wall that I could control with ISY to send out the IR the way a universal remote works?

Thanks,

John

Smarthome makes the IRLinc transmitter 2411T which takes Insteon messages and transmits IR signals in response. There are many IR protocols so you have to know what IR protocol the drapery opener is expecting and be sure the IRLinc transmitter sends that protocol. SimpleHomeNet also has an IR device. Their web site appears to be down so I cannot give you the item number for that device. The same IR protocol question exists with this device as well. Neither device will control the drapery opener if the IR protocols are not compatible.

Archived