using wait option in programs

Moshe

I have a program that turns off an on my fishtank lights. In the program I set the lights to go on at a certain time and then wait 6 hours and then turn off.

Periodically the lights have not turned off after the allotted wait period.

My question is - if I had a power failure for just a few seconds would that cause the program not work. I checked the log and I did not see the command to turn off the lights.

Thanks

A loss of power of a few seconds will cause the PLM and the ISY to restart/reboot. With the time based trigger Condition already past I would not expect the Program to run at power on. Suggest two separate Programs. The first Program turns the light On as the only action. The second Program Condition specifies a run time 6 hours later which turns the light Off. That way the Off Program runs even if there is an intervening power outage.

Hi Moshe,

LeeG is right on!

The only thing other parameters are:

1. Grace period (Configuration | System tab)

2. Catchup schedules (Configuration | System tab) ... this will evaluate and run all missed schedules at boot up

3. Run at start up in the Program Summary tab ... causes the program to be evaluated and/or run at start up

What I recommend are the following:

Instead of using a specific time, use From To ... this way, enabling that Run at Startup will run this program for that time period

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Moshe,

The Grace Period is the amount of time the ISY will put a program 'on hold' if it is busy processing another request.

Save will store any changes made to the above parameters.

Reboot will quit and restart the ISY.

ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:System_Configuration

Rand

LeeG and Michel -

Thanks for your help.

Michael - Can you explain how the Grace Period option works?

How does the "reboot" and "save" options of the Grace Period come into play?

Thanks.

Archived