Can't access the ISY-99i

rtt3821

I just purchased the ISY-99i and am having big problems trying to connect with it. I am using a modem provided by Qwest and from what I can find it is a PPOE type. Second, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and all the guides don't refer to this version. I tried to use the ISY shell but I don't know the URL of the -99i. Can anyone help me??? The MEM and the ERROR leds keep blinking. I tried putting a Linksys WRT54G router is series with the Qwest modem but that didn't help either.

The ISY User Guide indicates a blinking MEM and ERROR LEDs indicate an Ethernet connection problem. There are two RJ45 jacks on the ISY. Port A for the PLM connection and Network for the Ethernet connection. Might check to be sure these are not swapped. By default I think the ISY is looking for a DHCP server to acquire the IP address.

Thanks for the response. All cable connections to the -99i are correct. The problem seems to be with the modem.As I noted I think it is a PPOE type. Using a null serial cable direct to the computer doesn't work either because I don'r know the URL.

Archived