Release 2.8.1 Beta is now available

Michel Kohanim

I have relatively limited experience with ISY but have always entered the password twice. The first is the OS prompt when the Java app is invoked and again from the Admin Console code. Just assumed this was normal. Happens on 2.7.15, 2.8.0 and 2.8.1.

Another quick queston. Ever since I upgraded to 2.8.1 when I open the console I now have to enter my credentials twice. The first is with Java, the next with the Admin console.

I never had to do this before. Did I do something wrong?

I had the same issue. Clearing the Java cache fixed it but I know I have cleared the cache numerous times with 2.8.1.

Hi there I updated to the new 2.8.1 and everything looked great but then tried to turn on hot water heater with my ez io and nothing on off no response tried restring the device nothing. Then I down graded back to the 2.7.15 release and vavoom everything is back to the old working self

I tried clearing the cache (as I normally do after every update) and re-clearing it. I even downloaded the Java app again and after re-installing it, I still get the Java credentialling request. I looked for an advanced setting but didn't see anything that should affect the admin console.

It's not a big issue, just annoying.

bocarob,

What EZIOxx device are you using for hot water heater control. How did you control the EZIOxx, a Program using Insteon Direct commands or was it with a Scene. Do you have any Event Log at level 3 of the activity.

There is a known problem at 2.8.1 where manual control through the Admin Console does not reflect the status of an Output node even though the node actually did turn On. A Query of the EZIOxx node corrects the Admin Console display. This should be resolved in 2.8.2.

I'd be happy to work with you on the problem if you want to look into it. Or perhaps provide enough detail for me to recreate it here.

Lee

EZIO8SA the unit works fine under 2.7.15 I did try it by program and by manual control and did a refresh it just did not respond under 2.8.1 no matter what I did I was hoping it was just the console but it seems to be more than that .

I do not a have a log but will work on it after I have guests for the next 2 weeks so after they leave I will look into it further maybe anew beta by then...Thank you for your offer to help....

Thanks

Robert

Hi Mitch,

That is IE asking for the password. Check the Remember Password box.

Rand

I tried clearing the cache (as I normally do after every update) and re-clearing it. I even downloaded the Java app again and after re-installing it, I still get the Java credentialling request. I looked for an advanced setting but didn't see anything that should affect the admin console.

It's not a big issue, just annoying.

Hello Mr. Earnhardt,

If you cannot see your programs, it means that ISY cannot communicate with your PLM and has gone to safe mode.

Would you please go to Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Status/Info and make sure it says "Connected"? If not, please unplug your PLM for a minute or so and they retry.

With kind regards,

Michel

Before I received your suggestion, I cleared my Java Cache again and reinstalled the update. It now works. I also checked the PLM and its fine. I still can't get any feeds any longer and it looks like Weatherbug RSS wants a username/password account to receive feeds. I thought this was included in my purchase for $49.95?

Mr. Earnhardt,

I am at a loss ... none of these features require any userid/password. If you are talking about the HTML interface, the userid/password is the same as your ISY's (you are getting to ISY).

Please do ensure that your ISY can access the Internet. And, if you are unhappy with WB, simply send an email to sales@universal-devices.com and we'll refund and uninstall the module for you.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel:

The WB was working great until about two weeks ago.. I have internet access if I choose to set DHCP automatic. If I set a static IP address it doesn't seem to work. Now that I have internet access again, I see a link to WB which opens to their site and I can view the weather. Before when I chose climate, the various weather information was available on the same screen when I opened the WB module. That is why I was asking. I thought perhaps something changed in the application. By the way, last night I lost the status of all my devices but after unplugging the ISY and attemptiing a reset, they came back but the firmware remained at 8.2.1. I thought doing a reset might enable me to load the current released firmware instead. Now that I am using 8.2.1 I will keep it and look forward to the non-beta version.

Michel:

The WB was working great until about two weeks ago.. I have internet access if I choose to set IP address to static.. If I set a static IP address it doesn't seem to work. Now that I have internet access again, I see a link to WB which opens to their site and I can view the weather. Before when I chose climate, the various weather information was available on the same screen when I opened the WB module. That is why I was asking. I thought perhaps something changed in the application. By the way, last night I lost the status of all my devices but after unplugging the ISY and attemptiing a reset, they came back but the firmware remained at 8.2.1. I thought doing a reset might enable me to load the current released firmware instead. Now that I am using 8.2.1 I will keep it and look forward to the non-beta version.

Hello me23,

At the moment, we do not have any plans of supporting EZUIRT for two reasons:

1. Not a lot of demand

2. We do not have one to test with

With kind regards,

Michel

I would like to see EZUIRT support, unless somebody can suggest another way to have IR blasting from any location controlled by INSTEON.