Connect to the Internet

silverton38

I tried following the instructions but i have not succeeded. I have set up an SSL port 443 forwarded to the ISY-99i. I can get there with a web browser but the browser warns be about security. When I try to enable the Internet it fails, from the file menu.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I understood that the enable Internet access attempted to setp UPnP port forwarding on the Router so if that isn't enabled on your router it will fail. In my setup I don't have Internet acces enabled and I can still access my ISY from the Internet.

I set the ISY Https port to 444 instead of the default 443 (I already have something else on port 443). On my router I setup port 444 to be forwarded to port 444 on my ISY IP address. My ISY has a static IP address to be safe. I know that this is the whole point of UPnP but I have had long term stability issues with UPnP.

I can now access the ISY with https:\\my.external.ip.address:444\

The security warnings are normal because the SSL certificates are self signed and cannot be verified by any certificate authority. You might also consider generating a SSL certificate in the ISY this is more secure but will still produce security warnings. You can add your generated certificate to you browser as an authority and the warnings will go away. However, I would only do this if you trust yourself! :wink:

Yeah I just figured out yesterday what is going on with my UPnP remote access too. It looks the ISY sets the UPnP settings to my Linksys BEFSR81 router each time the ISY boots but is not properly registering it active in the router. If I try to access remotely just after ISY reboot and the remote access goes bad on me. If I login to my router and go to the UPnP page and save it, (without even changing any of the data) then it starts working correctly again until I reboot the ISY and it does its setting the router thing again.

Michel, I wonder if there is some UPnP completion command that needs to be sent to the router each time it has UPnP settings set?

Archived