September 23Sep 23 For the first time ever, I think, UDM provided a notification that another update is available. In checking UDM, is stated current version 6.1.1, pg3x 3.4.24 with an available version of 6.1.1. Makes no sense as that would tell me there is no upgrade.Apparently this morning there is a new upgrade to 6.1.2.7 without being announced.Just reporting an anomaly somewhere in the system.What does this update/upgrade fix or add?Thanks!John
September 23Sep 23 If you want to see the release notes, access your controller with eisy-ui and go gown to the System page. Beside each package version you'll see a question mark. Click on it to see the release notes for that package.
September 23Sep 23 Author Thanks Guy. Any thoughts on the UDM not advising of what the updated version will be?
September 23Sep 23 44 minutes ago, johnjces said:Thanks Guy. Any thoughts on the UDM not advising of what the updated version will be?Well launching updates from UDM isn't currently recommended, given the various implications with plugins, eisy-ui, etc.
September 23Sep 23 On my two other automation controllers - Hubitat and Home Assistant Yellow - I get a notification on the dashboard that an update is available. It tells me what the new version is, its release date, what version I have, and has a link to the release notes and an automatic backup first option. I wish UDI had all these things.-Tom
September 24Sep 24 1 hour ago, xlurkr said:On my two other automation controllers - Hubitat and Home Assistant Yellow - I get a notification on the dashboard that an update is available. It tells me what the new version is, its release date, what version I have, and has a link to the release notes and an automatic backup first option. I wish UDI had all these things.-TomWell, viewing the System menu in eisy-ui comes close to that. You can see the available upgrade versions, and those in beta and staging repositories too. You can also view their release notes, before upgrading.
Friday at 04:45 AM5 days Author @Guy Lavoie My comment and question had nothing to do with the ability of inability of UDM doing proper updates just that it is not showing proper information. Showing that an update is available and referencing the same version information as an update is a minor bug and hopefully the developers might see my post and think it might be an okay idea to fix that bit of misinformation. Hopefully I'm not the only one seeing this!
Create an account or sign in to comment