Triggers, Schedules and Scenes

gmurch

I just installed my ISY last evening - it found all of my devices and imported all of my scenes. I renamed everything and it all looks correct, I can control all of the devices and scenes from the ISY but the scenes always seem to turn on "full on" from the GUI. I also have not been able to understand the drag and drop for a scene - I create a scene but when I highlight the item I want as a responer the right window is now for that item, not the scene?

I also have not been able to find the trigger function. I have two nodes that show in ISY -- My Network and My Lighting. I have created a couple of test programs but the folders don't show up and the programs don't run?

Thanks in advance

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

You have to set the on level and ramp rate for each device in the scene. Please review this link http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=14.

As far as your programs, make sure you click on "Save Changes".

With kind regards,

Michel

I just installed my ISY last evening - it found all of my devices and imported all of my scenes. I renamed everything and it all looks correct, I can control all of the devices and scenes from the ISY but the scenes always seem to turn on "full on" from the GUI. I also have not been able to understand the drag and drop for a scene - I create a scene but when I highlight the item I want as a responer the right window is now for that item, not the scene?

I also have not been able to find the trigger function. I have two nodes that show in ISY -- My Network and My Lighting. I have created a couple of test programs but the folders don't show up and the programs don't run?

Thanks in advance

Glenn

I have all of my lighting renamed and responding now. I can only create a scene by highlighting the device and right click using "add to scene", then choose either "controller/responder" I thought there was a "drag and drop" function ??? Not a problem, just a misunderstanding or I am doing it incorrectly.

Second problem is I can not find any place to create a "trigger" or a "schedule" I have looked at the examples in the manual and I can't find those options. One difference I see is that my administrative console shows "network" and "my lighting" -- "triggers" and "programs" are not there ? When I open the "configuration" tab I don't see the nodes or the left and I can't see any way to re-size the frame?

I am sure it will work great once I understand what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance

Glenn

Hello Glenn,

I have all of my lighting renamed and responding now. I can only create a scene by highlighting the device and right click using "add to scene", then choose either "controller/responder" I thought there was a "drag and drop" function ??? Not a problem, just a misunderstanding or I am doing it incorrectly.

You can only drag and drop within the tree. When the device is dragged to a scene the pointer will have the plus sign attached. You will have to create a scene before you can drag to it. Scenes are on the same level as My Lights.

Second problem is I can not find any place to create a "trigger" or a "schedule" I have looked at the examples in the manual and I can't find those options. One difference I see is that my administrative console shows "network" and "my lighting" -- "triggers" and "programs" are not there ? When I open the "configuration" tab I don't see the nodes or the left and I can't see any way to re-size the frame?

Configure isn't where Schedules or Triggers reside. If you are using v2.4 you should see Triggers and Schedules in the tree on the left at the same level as My Lights and your Scenes. Version 2.5 has Triggers and Schedules combined in a new tab called Program Details.

Which version are you using?

I am sure it will work great once I understand what I am doing wrong.

Yes, it will :D

Thanks in advance

Glenn

Rand

Hi Rand:

Thanks for the info, I am using 2.4.14 and I have the tab called "program details" -- I see "my programs" and a couple of timers I set that don't work? Where can I find "triggers" ?? I also see "my lighting on my laptop but not my desktop computer. Upnp is enabled and the icons are showing.

An example of a timer I want to set is "low voltage" (a scene) to come on at sunset and off at 11 pm ? For triggers, I want a different trigger if i press a button twice -- I was able to do this easily in houslinc but houslinc seemed to work one day and not the next., I also don't like leaving a computer on all the time. I enabled internet access but can't seem to find the GUI from another location?

Sorry for the elementary questions but I must be missing something in my procedure? Please bear with me, once I figure this out I will make the best use of it !!!

Glenn

I'm sorry I can't help you with the computer glitch.

I don't understand why your timer is not working though. I have several programs that use sunrise/sunset. As Michel mentioned be sure to click on Save Changes from the Program Details page. Does the scene function as expected from the Main page? On/Off/Dim, etc.

Triggers, a Fast On, for example, are displayed in Control when the Condition button is selected.

The URL for Internet Access can be found in the Help/About menu item.

Rand

I have triggers working now, I see that I need to create a folder called triggers. I do have a program that I didn't create called "Query All" Any ideas what that is or if I can delete it? The program was already there. I am catching on and seem to be getting it up to speed slowly - I really like the ISY, just so much different from Houselinc I need to re-learn everything.

Thanks

Glenn

Glenn,

1. You can delete that program but its whole purpose is to keep your device states in synch with ISY (it's in the Quick Start guide)

2. You do not need to have a folder; you can put everything under My Programs. Please do be kind enough to checkout the posts here for examples:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewforum.php?f=14

OR please review our Wiki site where you will find all the necessary information vis-a-vis creating triggers and programs:

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... /Schedules

AND

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... User_Guide

With kind regards,

Michel

I have triggers working now, I see that I need to create a folder called triggers. I do have a program that I didn't create called "Query All" Any ideas what that is or if I can delete it? The program was already there. I am catching on and seem to be getting it up to speed slowly - I really like the ISY, just so much different from Houselinc I need to re-learn everything.

Thanks

Glenn

Well I assume the purpose of it is to get an updated status of all of your devices. Some things that happen out there the ISY does not know about unless it queries the device; for instance manual operation of a lamp will not update the ISY automatically.

There is a query function for each device as well as a query all in the Main page and there is a query command for each device in the program section. I didn't realize there is a way to query all devices under program control. That is handy. Hopefully I can add it back in to mine. Don't know why it's not there. I didn't see any program commands for it.

Hello jgraziano,

Yes, you are 100% correct in your assumption. Here's the code

If
       Time is  3:00:00AM

Then
       Set Scene 'My Lighting' Query

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

With kind regards,

Michel

Well I assume the purpose of it is to get an updated status of all of your devices. Some things that happen out there the ISY does not know about unless it queries the device; for instance manual operation of a lamp will not update the ISY automatically.

There is a query function for each device as well as a query all in the Main page and there is a query command for each device in the program section. I didn't realize there is a way to query all devices under program control. That is handy. Hopefully I can add it back in to mine. Don't know why it's not there. I didn't see any program commands for it.

Archived