Can we get an update on ELK integration?

richardl007

apostolakisl

Thanks for your response and my hope is that minimal use of the programming feature in the ELK will be required. I plan to do all my HA heavy lifting through the ISY, which is where I am now. My hope is that there is just enough interaction between the two with this new module so that important 'events' from the ELK can trigger a reaction in the ISY and vice-versa.

It's my understanding the ELK can connect to a Russound CAA66 through an RS232 connector. I have pre-purchased the M1XEP and ELK IP232 to make that connection. My hope is a signal from the ISY will trigger a 'rule' in the ELK that can set zones and channels on the Russound. The Elk should make announcements through the Russound as well. From some posts on various forums this can be done now without an ELK M1 by using some sort of script communication from the ISY to a PC.

As for when the module will come out, I'm not as optimist as you especially after Michel's recent post about unidentified problems with buffers (whatever that is). But we all hope these issues are worked through shortly and we'll see a new product that could put U-D as a true leader in HA.

Is this a two way street? In other words, does Elk display the status of the Russound or does it just shoot commands at it?

You might be able to use the ISY network module to shoot commands at Elk that then shoots commands at Russound assuming that the ISY Elk module doesn't directly support the Russound connected to the Elk (which I bet it doesn't). Somewhere on this board is referenced the full set of network commands ISY can generate that Elk can pick up over the xep.

You can also get a global cache unit and have your ISY send IR commands to the Russound. This is how I run my whole house audio. Sadly, I don't get any feedback so ISY doesn't know the status of anything.

Hi Peter,

Yes, it will be two way. The design is generic so, theoretically, we should be able to support other security systems. Communications must be through a serial to Ethernet device.

With kind regards,

Michel

Now that the Elk module is sort of "imminent", could you comment a little more on the statement above? I have an Omni IIe. Would the module be able to work with that? If so, how much knowledge would it require on my part. As I'm sure you have been able to tell by my questions, I know just enough to get my self in trouble, but not a whole lot.

Hello Michel,

I sure hope "two way" means, status change events for ELK inputs and outputs regardless of the arm state, events on arm state changes and also, a must have, control of outputs. Access to elk timers etc would be a bonus.

UD does great great work and it's appreciated.

Hello Michel,

I sure hope "two way" means, status change events for ELK inputs and outputs regardless of the arm state, events on arm state changes and also, a must have, control of outputs. Access to elk timers etc would be a bonus.

UD does great great work and it's appreciated.

Hi FRR,

Various keypad, zone, and area events will be available in program conditions. You will also be able to arm/disarm from programs in addition to some other actions. We'll supply the details when the module is finished and is made available.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Status: final stages of alpha testing so I am hoping we should have it released shortly.

We will have to release 3.1.10 before since 3.1.9 caused major issues with MobiLinc and other UPnP clients. Furthermore, we have fixed a very rare database corruption issue (j0dan) and we would like to have it tested before releasing ELK.

As far as pricing - at the moment - we do not have any Beta pricing planned. But, we'll make a decision before we release.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for the update Michel. I just ordered my ELK and hope by the time I get things wired in, the module will be ready. I admit I know little about the ELK but I also hope the module makes set up easier through the ISY.

Hi guys,

Status: final stages of alpha testing so I am hoping we should have it released shortly.

We will have to release 3.1.10 before since 3.1.9 caused major issues with MobiLinc and other UPnP clients. Furthermore, we have fixed a very rare database corruption issue (j0dan) and we would like to have it tested before releasing ELK.

As far as pricing - at the moment - we do not have any Beta pricing planned. But, we'll make a decision before we release.

With kind regards,

Michel

SWEEEET. (That's what I would have said in high school)

• 2 weeks later...

With 3.1.10 out, we are 1 step closer to getting the Elk Module. Can't wait to start testing this new functionality.

Hi guys,

With kind regards,

Michel

• 4 weeks later...

Archived