Release 2.8.9 (RC5) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Hi,

I too observed that my ISY version was 2.8.8 after download and installation yesterday.

Per your recommendation to another person with the same observation, I just re-downloaded, installed, and cleared my java cache. Still, ISY reports its version as 2.8.8

Is your server still chopping the download file?

Greg :?

Hi,

I too observed that my ISY version was 2.8.8 after download and installation yesterday.

Per your recommendation to another person with the same observation, I just re-downloaded, installed, and cleared my java cache. Still, ISY reports its version as 2.8.8

Same result here.

Hi,

Same result here.

I had to do the update twice to get it take. The first attempt showed no errors or failures. I suggest performing the upgrade a couple more times (without re-downloading the file) and see if that works.

Hello south,

Would you be kind enough to go to Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Status/Info and see whether or not your PLM is connected? If you still have problems, please do be kind enough to contact our tech support ( http://www.universal-devices.com/contact.htm ).

All who have upgrade issues, if one of you would be willing to let us login remotely, it would help us a lot. This problem cannot be reproduced here and it would really help us if we can figure out what's causing the issue. If interested, please send an email to support@universal-devices.com.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

With kind regards,

Michel

I had to upgrade 7 times but the last time seems to have worked.

I have logged on 3 times and all seems ok.

If I had seen your post earilier I would hae been very happy to let you log on to my system. If I have any more trouble I will let you know and then you will beable to log on, OK?

Hello jcanter,

Please do not factory reset! Please call our tech support line as soon as possible and let us see what's causing the problem.

Upgrade issues update:

Thanks to Wes, the problem seems to be isolated to 64 bit machine and our new Java certificate. Please try the following:

1. Close all browser sessions

2. Open Java Control Panel (Java Preferences on MAC)

3. Click on the Security tab. Remove all Universal Devices certificates (on MAC, click on the '-' button at the bottom)

4. Clear your Java cache

5. Go to http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.8.9/admin.jnlp

6. Try the upgrade again

With kind regards,

Michel

After trying to upgrade to the latest firmware 2.8.9 I now have a couple problems.

I have downloaded and reloaded version 2.8.9 four times on 2 different machines Windows XP and Windows 7 clearing the cache each time. Each time it comes up with version 2.8.8 in the about box. Tried to clear the Universal Device certificates from the Java control panel with no luck. Both my machines are 32 bit

Now the statuses of all my motion sensors and dusk/dawn sensors have no value until they trigger. I thought at one time I could query the device and it would put a status in. When I query a sensor now there is no action (small icon in the status box for a few seconds) like before.

Internet access was disabled and now can’t be enabled.

I then dropped back to 2.8.7 and powered down the PLM and ISY and still have the problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

My upgrade seemed to work perfectly apart from the version number which states 2.8.8. I can tell its the new version due to some of the changes of the interface. Can someone confirm that its simply a matter of the version number not getting updated. Or has something more ominious occured.

Thanks,

Wayne

Upgrade issues update:

Thanks to Wes, the problem seems to be isolated to 64 bit machine and our new Java certificate. Please try the following:

3. Click on the Security tab. Remove all Universal Devices certificates (on MAC, click on the '-' button at the bottom)

4. Clear your Java cache

6. Try the upgrade again

Michel / Wes

this fixed my upgrade issue, thanks!

wwat,

Michel has indicated something happened during the download of the 2.8.9 image. It should be downloaded again and another update done. The About should indicate 2.8.9. Also be sure to clear the Java cache again after the next update.

Lee

Thanks Lee but that didn't help, the procedure below did. I run 32bit Windows.

Upgrade issues update:

4. Clear your Java cache

6. Try the upgrade again

Success!

I followed Bob Paauwe's recommendation and retried the 2.8.9 upgrade (without re-downloading). On the second retry, my "About" screen indicated version 2.8.9. I did not receive any error messages during the original upgrade attempt or the two additional tries.

Thanks for your help!

Greg :D

My attempt at upgrading failed as well, However now I can't communicate to any of the devices. The system was working fine with 2.8.8. I have tried upgrading several more time to get connectivity back but its not working.It appears the PLM has failed but what would cause this from just doing an upgrade?

I have followed all of the reccomendatin on clearing cache, certs, etc. I am running windows vista 64-bit.

my first attempt to update to 2.8.9 appeared to work successfully, then i read the posts concerning the version number. I repeated the upgrade once using the same file, then again after re-downloading the file which seemed to take. I can't recall if I also cleared all browser cache in addition to using the java control panel to clear java cache the second time.

config: W7 Ultimate 64-bit, java 6u22 32-bit.

I am having trouble writing/reading to some RemoteLincs, after a while, I get a failed to write links error. I have 2 RemoteLincs side by side one updates/restores fine the other doesn't (v1.0 works, v1.1 does not).

Writing/Reading links, ISY looks up to all network communication for a while with no progress bars (the writing symbol doesn't disappear until it unlocks) or apparent power line traffic, telnet works but shows nothing useful. I also get java socket timeouts.

From the error log "Wed 2010/12/22 02:24:21 AM System -170001 [uDSockets] 31 active/error 6" (number active varies)

I tried downgrading back to 2.7.15 but shortly after booting ISY would lock, stop running programs, and responding to network commands the only thing that was working was ping (not even telnet); Also the only LED lit up was power. I was able to re-upgrade to 2.8.9 before locking up but the lockups continued until I restored to a backup config, I had to unplug the PLM and plug in a power supply in order to prevent the lockups long enough to restore the backup config.

-Nick

PLM v72, was working reliably used to program RemoteLincs to begin with.