Release 2.8.10 (RC6) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Polexian, the Beep duration is the duration in time and not in number. So, for instance, 10 would be less than 0.5 seconds and so on and so forth.

With kind regards,

Michel

I just got a new Keypadlinc so I could use the beep's for status alerts, but it seems no matter what I set the beep duration to, it only gives a brief chirp. Beep 1 is the same as beep 250.

I'm also seeing some oddities in the LED brightness. If On=15, and all I do is change Off from 0 to 1, the ON level changes as well (much brighter). Does this sound like a defective Keypadlinc?

Hi Michael - My ISY is on 3.1.5... I was searching for info on the "Beep duration" and came across this post & simply replied.

PS: I just installed a new SwitchLinc, and it also ignores "Beep duration". 1-250 is just a short chirp.

If

- No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then

Set '1000W Dimmer' 250 (Beep Duration)

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

CJVann

The devices produce a chirp rather than a beep. Duration has no perceptible impact.

Backlight LED Off/On levels are interrelated. There is always a minimum relative difference between Off and On levels regardless of values defined. As the Off level increases so does the On level to maintain the minimum difference between Off and On. The device firmware maintains this relationship regardless of the Off/On levels. Although the On level can be set lower than the Off level the device firmware will maintain a relative Off/On level

Lee

Thank you! That's very helpful info. I thought from the above post with duration of 10=about .5 sec, then 250 should be around 12.5 sec.

Have you thought about having just had a 'beep' command rather than settings from 0-250 that don't really do anything, or is there some value to the durations in other products?

CJVann

The device interface supports setting the beep duration, the current device firmware seems to ignore the beep duration for now. It opens the door for possible device support at a later date. I suspect rather than chase the unknown UDI would prefer to use the interface as spec’d and let the device firmware evolve as it will.

It is similar to beep itself. Devices that do support beep, some of the older firmware levels do not support beep at all. Rather than chase the beep feature the ISY sets it and those devices with later firmware react to it.

Lee