Venstar 1700 versus 1900 ISY controls

oskrypuch

When I added a 1900 in ISY (MAS), I got a Main, Heat, Cool and Fan control line. Adding a 1700 (STY) I only get a Main.

2r47xx2.jpg

I can still control the 1700, temps and mode show correctly but the Heat/Cool State is blank on its Main page.

Is that normal?

I could just remove it and try relinking it to check this, but I have it added now to a lot of programs, so would prefer not to do that unnecessarily.

* Orest

OK, pulled the dongle, it says v2.1 on it. On the ISY panel, the version is listed as v.00. Problem with the loading of the device?

Did some searching of the forums ...

Q. I am thinking that I need to remove that stat from ISY and do a factory reset on the 2441 v2 dongle for good measure, then re-add it. Yes, no?

Q. When adding the stat back into ISY, I presume I should use the New INSTEON device dialog, and manually specify a 2441?

* Orest

http://wiki.smarthome.com/index.php?tit ... at_Adapter ...

* Tap the Set button on Thermostat Adapter once

* Press & hold the Set button on Thermostat Adapter for 3 seconds

The thermostat display will flash all the LCD characters twice

I read this from the WIKI, I did not do the single Set button push referenced above in the linking procedure, just the hold for three seconds to link it.

Q. Do you need to give the Set button a short initial press, before holding for 3sec etc. for linking to the ISY?

* Orest

OK, pulled the dongle, it says v2.1 on it. On the ISY panel, the version is listed as v.00. Problem with the loading of the device?

Did some searching of the forums ...

Q. I am thinking that I need to remove that stat from ISY and do a factory reset on the 2441 v2 dongle for good measure, then re-add it. Yes, no?

Q. When adding the stat back into ISY, I presume I should use the New INSTEON device dialog, and manually specify a 2441?

* Orest

Hello Orest,

Yes, remove the adapter and perform the reset.

Here are the Wiki instructions to link to the ISY:

ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Linking_a_Thermostat#Linking_a_Thermostat_V2

Q. Do you need to give the Set button a short initial press, before holding for 3sec etc. for linking to the ISY?

No.

Q. If I remove the 1700 from ISY, with the 1700 already in a multitude of program statements, do the respective statements disappear, get reassigned a random device, or are they marked as undefined in some way?

The programs will display Not Specified. You can use Find/Replace then.

Rand

Archived