All lights went out

oberkc

At about 830 last night, all (most actually...a couple stayed on) turned off. I have no programs set to run at that time, so I was a bit surprised.

In an attempt to diagnose the problem, I tried logging onto "My Lighting" based on the memorized shortcut from my desktop (the one I always use). No good...error.

I then went to my bookmark from the UDI site and "find ISY". This found the ISY, but no devices or programs or login appeared.

I then unplugged the PLM and, after 20 seconds or so, plugged it back in. Suddenly, all appears to be working normally again. Some, but not all, of the lights normally on at this time of the day even came on again.

At no time did I see any unusual LED indication on the front of the ISY. The log shows no event at the time the lights went off.

Any ideas what this may indicate, if anything. Should I be ordering a spare PLM?

In addition, I recommend doing a PLM Link count to make sure your PLM links are still there

It shows 352 links. I don't know if that is good or bad. I am starting to see a couple devices get out of sync, but am not sure if this is the result of my recent power interruption or something else.

I will continue to watch these devices and restore those that continue to be a problem.

Thanks for the feedback. I could do the calculator thing, and it will give me a number. This, I assume, will give me a ballpark sense of whether my count is close. If not, I assume the remedy it to...what...restore PLM?

I am thinking that I might as well restore the PLM regardless. Besides the time and interruption to household functions, is there a downside to this approach?

The link count by the calculator is an estimate. Identifying the correct number of devices by type and number of scenes is important for the calculator to produce a useful estmate.

Also try running the Show PLM Links Table and Count multiple times when there is no Insteon activity on the powerline. If the PLM sees Insteon traffic from devices on the powerline it will result in incorrect link information. The links displayed and counted can by be high or low if Insteon traffic occurs during the activity.

Identifying the correct number of devices by type and number of scenes is important for the calculator to produce a useful estmate.

I noticed that. It looked like it would be less work to simply assume that there are missing links and to restore the PLM than it would be to feed the calculator.

Also try running the Show PLM Links Table and Count multiple times when there is no Insteon activity on the powerline.

There was no known insteon traffic whcn I peformed the original count. All was quiet. Nobody was home. No programs were scheduled.

Archived