Having the ****est time with the EZX10-RF in 3.1.1

ergodic

Michel

I see the same error popup if I try to do things with the Admin Console when there is no Current Stste information showing. On my end it has nothing to do with an SHN device. I did a Show Device Links Table on some Smarthome device before I noticed the Current State column was totally blank. The Show Device Links Table did not display anything even though I knew the device had active link records. That was actually expected after seeing the Current State column blank. I'll also screen capture the next time it happens. I normally make it a point to look at the Current State column and just restart the Admin Console when the column is blank.

The popup is as described. There is a top and bottom message display with a line across the middle of the popup. Both messages say something about unknown or invalid UUID.

Lee

Hello Lee,

Thanks so very much. Event Viewer which displays links tables uses the same publish method as do the state information. In short, ISY publishes (pushes) information to Admin Console. So, if Admin Console has lost its subscription (or if ISY has expired the subscription), then you would not see anything.

We have done a little tweaking in the subscription code to see if we can reduce this side effect of loss of network connectivity to ISY.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel

Thanks for the confirmation. I've assumed the situations were related. I only try to do something when I have failed to notice the empty Current State column. Normally when the Admin Console comes up with no state info I simply Exit the Admin Console and start over. It is not a common occurrance so I tend to forget the possibility. Only when something else does not work as expected I look at the state column and find it blank. I can go days, weeks some time and not see the state column blank.

Lee

Happened again tonight, no specific cause I know of. Console was running OK, but when I came back, no status showing for anything.

After a couple of query attempts, a dialog pops up showing:

"Error" with a red "X".

Top part says "Change of State Failed: UUID not found" with an address below that: [uUID] .

A divider line, then the same message below.

(00:21:b9:00:3e:a3 is the MAC address of my ISY.)

I don't remember seeing this happen before V3, it is happening to me now a couple of times a week at least. As LeeG indicates, restarting the console is enough, a reboot isn't necessary.

I do not think the SHN EZX10 is responsible, just that fooling around programming it seems to get me to this state fairly quickly. And when that happens I've sometimes had to do a hard power-cycle on the ISY to clear everything up.

This is the shortcut I've been using:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://isy99:29418/admin

"ISY99" is defined in DNS to the static IP address of the ISY.

I had been having problems with 64-bit Java installed, which required me to use the Java download and finder. However I uninstalled 64-bit Java -- leaving just 32-bit, and it's been working fine with a regular URL since.

Archived