System in safe Mode

LeeG. If I read the original post correctly.

They did not plug the A port of the ISY99i into the network interface.

They plugged the serial port of the 2412S into the network interface.

Routing raw 12 volts {~18.5 volts} from the 2412S serial port directly back into the 2412S PLMs RS232 transmit signal.

I have not looked closely at the ISY99i Serial Port A being connected to a network interface.

LeeG and Brian -

Here is my dilemma. My ISY was purchased in Feb 09. The power supply that Smarthome sent me will not fit that model ISY. They do not have any power supplies that will work and are referring me to UDI.

At this point I am aggravated that Smarthome can no longer support the ISY, and are telling me that there is nothing they can do.

I have a call into Matt Primus, to see if he can help.

Any suggestions.

Lee and Brian -

I finally have everything I need to power the ISY. I pluged in PLM and ISY and safe mode error is gone.

I did a restore modem, but now I am not able to log into ISY. It seems like the IP address is incorrect.

I tried ISY/admin and static IP, but no such luck.

Moshe

Michel -

I am still having a some problems. None of my scenes are working. The devices will work independently from inside the admin console, but I am unable to get the scenes to work.

Any suggestions.

Scenes are dependent on link records, both in the PLM and the individual devices.

Did the Restore Modem (PLM) run to completion?

Are there any green Icons to the left of any of the nodes in the My Lighting tree?

If there are green Icons right click on the node and select Write Updates To Device.

If the Restore ran to completion and there are no Icons to the left of the nodes (indicating pending updates) pick a Responder in a Scene that is not working. Run Tools | Diagnostics | Show Device Links Table for that Responder device.

Are there link records with the old PLM address?

Are there link records with the new PLM address?

Lee -

I am not sure of the restore modem ran to completion. I do not know how to determine that. I exited the admin console after I started the restore and was unable to get back into the admin console for a few hours.

There are no green Icons by any of the nodes.

I am still showing the old PLM link records.

No new PLM links show.

Moshe

The Admin Console is a Java application that is performing the process of updating all the link records with the new PLM address. When the Admin Console was terminated the Restore was terminated. Suggest executing the Restore Modem (PLM) command again, leaving the Admin Console until the operation is complete. I had the Event Viewer active when I ran my tests months ago so I could see the Insteon activity occurring in the Viewer. The word Ready in the lower left corner of the Admin Console display will change to Busy (or something other than Ready), returning to Ready when the process is complete.

The only question now is if another Restore Modem (PLM) will change the PLM address in the link records out in the devices. Before the Admin Console was aware the PLM address the ISY was booted up with changed. Now that the new PLM has been in effect for some time not sure a Restore will do anything other than restore the PLM only. Keep the other Insteon traffic to a minimum. Don’t turn On/Off a bunch of devices while the Restore is running. When the Restore completes (could take hours depending on the number of devices and the number of link records involved) test a Scene. If it does not work repeat the Show Device Links Table for a Responder in the Scene that did not work. If the link records continue to show the old PLM address follow Michel’s suggestion to contact UDI tech support. They will know how to get the Restore to update the link records.

Good luck

Lee

Lee -

Thanks. After I ran the restore modem one more time it seemed to fix everything.

The first time I ran the restore modem, I never saw the busy scroll bar, and the admin console seemed to lock up, therfore I shut down the admin console via ctrl-Alt-del - end task.

I still see the old modem in the link records. What should I do to remove this.

Thanks again for all your help.

Moshe

Are all the Scenes working now?

The link records with the old PLM address should have been changed to the new PLM address. There may be Scenes that are not working because of the old address. If the Restore ran to end but not all the link records were updated I think a session with UDI tech support is the next step. Likely something happened during the first attempt that has the ISY out of sync with actual device status.

You could try doing a Restore Device, right click on the My Lighting node device entry where the old PLM link records still exist. The Restore Device might fix it. If it does then it would be necessary to do a Restore Device for each device that did not get its link records updated. UDI tech support may have a way of resolving this without having to do so much individual device recovery.

Lee

Lee -

After a few hours of testing here are my results:

All scenes are working.

I have ran a diagnostic on all nodes and all do not show the old PLM except a Lamplinc (lamplinc 2456D3 V.33) in the link record.

Let me know your thoughts.

Moshe

That is a far better result than I was expecting. Assuming the ISY does not have a reference to the old PLM associated with the LampLinc, factory reset the LampLinc and do a Restore Device. That should clean up the device.

Lee

Lee -

I did the factory reset on the lamplinc and the restore device and all is working.

Is there anything else I should check to make sure the old PLM is no longer being used.

Thanks for all your help again.

Moshe

Moshe

I don't know of any. The individual devices have link records that point to the PLM so that the ISY is aware of button/paddle presses. They also have link records that allow them to respond to Scenes controlled from Programs and the Admin Console. With all that working I think you have successfully completed the PLM swap.

Lee

Archived