Reverting to ISY

yardman 49

Hello Michel:

Here's a question for the "What if" category:

I'm still using the ISY-26 (very happily, I might add!). At some point I'm going to switch over to the 99ir. But I figure that I'll let MikeB and all the other "bleeding-edgers" work out all of the neat things that can be done with it first :D .

I know that going from the ISY-26 to the 99ir should be painless. Just load in the latest backup file from the ISY-26, and I should be off and running (assuming that I use the same PLM). 8)

The question is: what happens if I ever have to go backwards?

I like to think about all possible scenarios. So let's say that the 99ir dies, or gets stolen, or a power surge fries it, or my dog eats it, or whatever. I guess that I could always go back to using the good ol' ISY-26.

But could I then take the most recent 99ir backup file and apply it to the ISY-26 without bad things happening??

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Hello Frank,

Unfortunately the answer is no simply because ISY-26 was not designed with 99 in mind. If anything happens to 99, we'll send you a new one!

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello Michel:

Here's a question for the "What if" category:

I'm still using the ISY-26 (very happily, I might add!). At some point I'm going to switch over to the 99ir. But I figure that I'll let MikeB and all the other "bleeding-edgers" work out all of the neat things that can be done with it first :D .

I know that going from the ISY-26 to the 99ir should be painless. Just load in the latest backup file from the ISY-26, and I should be off and running (assuming that I use the same PLM). 8)

The question is: what happens if I ever have to go backwards?

I like to think about all possible scenarios. So let's say that the 99ir dies, or gets stolen, or a power surge fries it, or my dog eats it, or whatever. I guess that I could always go back to using the good ol' ISY-26.

But could I then take the most recent 99ir backup file and apply it to the ISY-26 without bad things happening??

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Archived