ISY stopped working - PWR, TX,RX steady ERROR blinks

intellihome

Hi all, Had a power failure, when restored the red led on the ISY blinks. Searching the forum it sounds like my file system is corrupt (I knew this would happen eventually with all the posts I've read).

I have version 2.7.15 ISY99i (I have a good backup from March -no changes since)

It sounds like I need to replace the SD CARD. In the Wiki it says I have to format and download the latest firmware.

Is this latest firmware going to accept my 2.7.15 backup?

Is there anything esle I can try prior to going this route (replacing the SD Card?

Thanks!

intellihome

Try unplugging the ISY/PLM for a few minutes and then restoring power. When commercial power comes back after an outage it can be a little erratic as everythinge is being restored at once.

Don't about the old 2.7.15 backup running against 2.8.16

Lee

I had bought a 2GB Kingston SD card but decided to purchase a Scandisk as recommended.

In preparation to replace the SD card I attempted to Telnet to the ISY Shell and I am unable to. I can ping it and it responds without issue but fails to connect via "telnet 192.168.1.104"

I have attached a word document with screen shots. I appreciate any suggestions.

One other thing, My TX and RX lights are on steady. Do I have more problems than the SD card? The Wiki states a steady RX light indicates a bad PLC.

scratch the screen shot - file size limitation...hmmmm, it's just a jpeg.

I would also like to say thanks - especially to those who maintain the Wiki. The procedure for Replacing an SD Card is explicit, accurate, and easy to follow. I installed a new SanDisk 4GB SDHC (class 4) card and had it operational in about 10 minutes - it's been running fine now for a couple of days. Since others here have reported occasional problems with an ISY SD card, I thought it would be good to replace the card in my ISY which was almost 3 years old now. And, to have a spare on hand just in case.

It's reassuring to know that I have a new SD card in operation, as well as two backups (the original 512MB card plus a spare 4GB SDHC).

Archived