Venstar Thermostats

C Martin

I would like to be able to poll or pull the value of the current temp status in Programming mode.

I suspect that the value is available as I've seen the variable name show up as I mouseover that area on the screen.

I want to use additional Venstar thermostats as remote temp sensors.

I will be posting to Smarthome about an idea I have for a new Venstar remote unit.

Clarence

I just wish there was an Insteon RF motion sensor that would also report temp and humidity. That would solve so many of the things I'm currently pulling out my hair for. Do they not exist because the temp/humidity sensing pulls too much battery or something? I'm searching the internet looking for ideas and I see requests for something like this going back to 2004 with X10. Seems to me there's a fair sized market of people looking for something like this.

H2R,

that is exactly why I am hoping that other information will be available from the existing Venstar thermostats.

Try mousing over those values and you will see values for what I hope are variable values.

I am now using another Venstar as a remote Stat. You can use variables and programming to get some of the basic information to make decisions with. Believe it or not, the Venstar remote thermostats with the Venstar interface cost as much as a new Integrated Venstar from Smart Home. Now if I could get Smart Home to have Venstar to make another thermostat with just the temperature functions and no hard outputs for HVAC, the price should be less and give us the remote monitoring ability.

Clarence

Archived