Insteon keypad in scenes

gakran

I recently deleted my Insteon keypad from my ISY-99 and re-linked it. It linked and communicates fine, but I am having trouble re-creating the scenes.

I drag several kepyad buttons and several light switches into an existing empty scene (which was emptied when I deleted the devices from ISY) as controllers. I select a button in the scene and attempt to set the levels and ramp rates of the switchlinc devices. If I adjust the ramp rates, the ISY immediately updates the devices and the change sticks. If I adjust the levels of the devices, the ISY does not write anything to the devices and when I return to this device in this scene, the levels are all back to 100%.

Am I doing something wrong? Could this be caused by trying to re-use an old scene?

gakran

Thanks for that information. I was able to recreate something similar by having the cursor outside the physical boundary of the slider box when I let go of the mouse button. I was using a Secondary KPL button On Level slider where only Full On or Full Off are valid options. Slider moved but did not generate an event the Admin Console was aware of so nothing was changed in the device. Once I got the slider to generate an event then it did not matter where the cursor was when I let go of the mouse button.

This looks like an issue with the way the Admin Console and the slider are operating rather than a failure of the Admin Console to initiate a device change. I'm running 3.1.6. Once the slider started generating events then it did not matter where the cursor was after that.

Lee

Fiddling with the slider does seem to help, but I am still having some difficulty getting the scene to update.

I was probably on the 2.x firmware when I first set up my system. I upgrade to 3. so I could start playing with variables. If I ditch any variable in programs, can I downgrade to the latest released firmware without issues?

Downgrading to 2.8.16 seems to have fixed everything. I can program scenes and the devices are programmed correctly. 3.1.x also had problems when I tried to rearrange devices and scenes in folders: the program could get in a state where it ignored the commands to move to another folder.

I will have to save a stable 2.8.16 state before I try the 3 betas again.

Archived