Release 3.1.9 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

The program work well untill just now needed to update my motion sensors because I made some changes and it does not even try to update. I click on update devices and "usually it starts writing and skips devices not in linking mode" currently it will not even try. :( I will try to reboot ISY and repost results later.

Cleared java cache and rebooted same problem. :?: In the log I don't even see a attempt to write updates. I seen some network errors, checked if plm is ok, say connected.Also I put the error log on my desktop tried to upload and get error extension no allowed .txt. The programs that were in there prior do work as expected though. Hummm

robandcathy, please contact our tech support team so that we can help you troubleshoot.

j0dan, apart from the scene attribute problem, I am not aware of any other bugs that would cause your INSTEON network to deteriorate. Am I mistaken here? If so - and as I have requested before - please do let us know so that we can find the root cause.

If not, please do help us and yourself by disabling all those scene attribute change programs till 3.1.10 is released. As I have mentioned to you via email, the fixes we are putting in place are quite massive and have to be thoroughly regression tested before released. It would be quite catastrophic for us to release a firmware that addresses an extremely rare situation (reported twice) but breaks basic functionality. We should have 3.1.10 released shortly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

With kind regards,

Michel

robandcathy, please contact our tech support team so that we can help you troubleshoot.

j0dan, apart from the scene attribute problem, I am not aware of any other bugs that would cause your INSTEON network to deteriorate. Am I mistaken here? If so - and as I have requested before - please do let us know so that we can find the root cause.

If not, please do help us and yourself by disabling all those scene attribute change programs till 3.1.10 is released. As I have mentioned to you via email, the fixes we are putting in place are quite massive and have to be thoroughly regression tested before released. It would be quite catastrophic for us to release a firmware that addresses an extremely rare situation (reported twice) but breaks basic functionality. We should have 3.1.10 released shortly. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

With kind regards,

Michel

I get all sorts of strange UI glitches after link tables are corrupt.

Statuses in programs don't always line up either when the ISY switches link tables around. This can make other devices turn on/off and keypadlinc statuses incorrect.

Are scene attribute changes not very common in others programs? I kept them with 5 second delays between everything and it did *seem* to take longer before things broke.

sorry to report that rebooting the Elk XEP once again causes the ISY to lock up

I have that problem as well after an xep reboot. The ISY doesn't lock up entirely, programs still run, but the java console stops communicating and Elk/ISY communications stop. Rebooting the ISY fixed it.

Rebooting the xep is a very rare event for me, but it just so happens that I recently had all kinds of issues with the email function on it.