Device Restore

Cartwrig

I have devices in my house, and in a client's house that just occasional change, on their own, what they do.

For example, at my front door is a KeypadLinc with a button programmed to fade up the local hallway light. But, on Saturday I tapped the button, just like always, and the light suddenly doesn't fade up. It just blasted on instantly.

I've seen this happen over and over with controllers.

1) Why?

2) I want to run a 3am script to RESTORE a few devices every night. That way all the switches/keypads are restored every few days? But, I can't find a programming step to do this? Is here one? Or a way that I can pull this off?

- Rob

Hi again,

Any chance that:

1. SwitchLinc is v35

2. KPLs are v2A or 2D

?

With kind regards,

Michel

Yes, indeed, one of the KPL's is a v.2a. And, another is a v.29.

The SWL is a v.37.

Hmm...why? :wink: What do you know! :-)

Thanks,

- Rob

I have devices in my house, and in a client's house that just occasional change, on their own, what they do.

For example, at my front door is a KeypadLinc with a button programmed to fade up the local hallway light. But, on Saturday I tapped the button, just like always, and the light suddenly doesn't fade up. It just blasted on instantly.

Sounds to me like you might have triggered a Fast On signal. Any chance that you inadvertently double-tapped the button, perhaps sliding across the button as you were simultaneously juggling things in another hand/distracted by kids or dogs/pressing the button and walking away?