Release 3.1.17 (RC) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Hi Teken,

Thank you but the problem is that All on/off is an all or nothing thing: when you enable it, it will impact ALL devices.

Hi Tim, that's really odd. Can you please try your own name (as you have it setup on perhaps Outlook)?

Hi binaryman, LeeG is 100% correct. We really cannot trust the status of MorningLinc and thus providing programming support for something we do not know is not a good idea.

Hi Candide, thank you ... it's a work in progress (or was but we never got enough enthusiasm to follow through).

With kind regards,

Michel

Hit ALL OFF 4 times while garage door was closed. Aside from my home turning everything off on the first hit, the remaining 3 hits didn't change anything, the garage door remained closed.

FYI, the IO Linc is wired to the Green & Black wires on the sensor so the sensor is ON when the door is closed. Good Luck, if you need anymore info I'm happy to help.

andyf0,

You're fantastic and I thank you for the follow up and testing. :D I would have done this test straight away but it is currently -36'C in my garage right now so fumbling around with little frozen wires 10 feet in the air wasn't going to be fun. :cry:

If the results proved unproductive or helpful . . . :evil:

Much thanks again Sir!

Teken . . .

I know I've mentioned this in another thread before... But since it's applicable here, I'll repeat. I have the outlet that my garage door opener is plugged in to powered through a switchlinc relay. That adds an extra layer of protection to open / close commands of the garage door. This would have prevented what happened to you, because all off would have left the garage door power OFF preventing the open - regardless of the command to open via "off".

I set up programs that execute when I want to open and close the doors. The programs first turn on power to the GDO, wait one second, then perform the open / close, confirm that the expected action completed (via sensor status), then turn OFF power to the GDO again.

It works great, and prevents accidental GDO commands very well.

Hi Michel,

It has always been blank. With the email address only or :my_email_address works, anything ahead of the ":" breaks it.

Thanks,

Tim

Michel,

My results are similar to that of TJF1960 for my Earthlink email address, for example using emailaddy@earthlink.net

From with just my email address works fine. Received email shows it was From emailaddy@earthlink.net

From <:emailaddy@earthlink.net> works, but the received email From field is blank.

From fails, or at least the stuff I have tried before the : has failed to delivery any email.

Thanks.

kevkmartin,

So if the garage door open is plugged into the SL then you only open and close the garage door via ISY? Or are you saying that the I/O Linc is plugged int the SL and the garage door opener is powered all the time so your wall mounted opener switch and car remote door openers work as usual?

wrj0,

Thanks for verifing its not a local problem just with me.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Teken / Michel,

I had the same issue with one of my garage doors opening when I hit "all off", but the other one stayed down. I suspect this is because I had the door in the wrong position when I first linked to the keypad. Since I installed my KP and garage IOlincs before I had my ISY, I did my linking manually before mounting in the garage. About a week ago, most of my scenes got corrupted, and I had to remove all devices from scenes and add them to each scene again. I added the devs to the garage door scenes with the doors closed. Everything works perfectly with "all off" now.

Teken, please try removing all devices from the "garage door" scene, and add them back into ISY with the door closed. See if that fixes it for you.

Alan

Hi Teken / Michel,

I had the same issue with one of my garage doors opening when I hit "all off", but the other one stayed down. I suspect this is because I had the door in the wrong position when I first linked to the keypad. Since I installed my KP and garage IOlincs before I had my ISY, I did my linking manually before mounting in the garage. About a week ago, most of my scenes got corrupted, and I had to remove all devices from scenes and add them to each scene again. I added the devs to the garage door scenes with the doors closed. Everything works perfectly with "all off" now.

Teken, please try removing all devices from the "garage door" scene, and add them back into ISY with the door closed. See if that fixes it for you.

Alan

Hello AlanF,

I shall most definitely try this to see if it works. Much thanks for your reply and feed-back!

Teken . . .

Hello all,

Thanks so very much. The problem seems to be ISP specific ... Default works and gmail works.

Would one of you be kind enough to try gmail and let me know if it works?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I finally figured out the config. for adding gmail to ISY and it does work perfectly using From* for emails. I wont be able to test the text messages till tomorrow. If there is a problem I will report.

Thanks very much,

Tim

kevkmartin,

So if the garage door open is plugged into the SL then you only open and close the garage door via ISY? Or are you saying that the I/O Linc is plugged int the SL and the garage door opener is powered all the time so your wall mounted opener switch and car remote door openers work as usual?

wrj0,

Thanks for verifing its not a local problem just with me.

Thanks,

Tim

The opener itself is plugged in to the switchlinc controlled outlet. The switchlinc is right beside he mahal operate switch. One must first turn on the switchlinc before using th manual switch.

Michel,

I noticed in the network resources that when you press the bar to re-order the list of resources that you lose the ability to Test any resources. Pressing Reload will then allow for testing. It is only after re-ordering that the Test function quits.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Teken,

You are 100% correct ... this IS an undesired effect and I think we should simply disable it by default in the next release. It really does cause a lot of problems especially with thermostats.

In the meantime, and as you mentioned, please do not use it.

With kind regards,

Michel

I agree completely with the concerns raised. I ran into the same issue as Teken with the All Off triggering the garage door to open. I have mine set up on Momentary A at this point and that's working better.

What I'd REALLY, REALLY like to see is an FAQ for "So you're installing an IOLinc garage door module, here's how to do it successfully."

The other thing I'd love to see is for the ISY to query the IOLinc Sensor a short while after the garage door is opened or closed, so that the ISY shows the correct status. Really, the same goes for any other module that updates without the ISY instigating, whether that's a light switch that sends a command or a sensor reading a status. It sure seems to me like the status doesn't get distributed by the affected modules all that well (if at all). I don't know if that's just a weakness of Insteon overall.

The All Off affecting thermostats and garage doors points to a problem with the underlying technology, not Universal Devices' issue, really, in trying to overload a protocol intended to turn lights on and off to perform other functions. The Insteon protocol needs to be revisited to permit classes of devices, such that commands like "All Off", clearly intended for lights, does not wind up opening (or closing) garage doors, or disabling thermostats. Both could have very serious consequences, especially if issued remotely (thinking about a house winding up with no heat and frozen/broken pipes in the winter time after an all off shut down thermostats, for example).

If the I/O Linc Sensor does not show the correct status there is a communications issue, a link record problem or the Sensor is running with Trigger Reverse and the device is being queried. The I/O Linc Sensor reports all changes in state which should be reflected in the ISY Admin Console.

The problem with the IOLinc is that there are "alot" of different ways to set it up. I seem to have hit upon a lucky combination of sensor wiring and momentary setup. An ALL OFF does not open my door if it is already closed and will close it if not.

When the TStat support was added to ISY the firmware version for the TStat may well have reset to zero when receiving ALL OFF. I have two current thermostats and can report that an ALL OFF does not affect them at all. They continue working in the same state as before the ALL OFF.

Hello all,

Thanks so very much. The problem seems to be ISP specific ... Default works and gmail works.

Would one of you be kind enough to try gmail and let me know if it works?

With kind regards,

Michel

I've always just used the default (alerts@universal-devices.com,) and it completely stopped working.

So, I filled in the SMTP info for my email provider (Yahoo Plus) and had to change the SMTP port from 465 to 587. It works with those settings whether I put something before the colon or not in the "from" field.

email: Yahoo Plus

ISP: AT&T DSL

I was just using the test button. I also found I had to redo all of the programs with notifications in them.

On a separate issue, I have four TriggerLincs and have lost communications with all of them--no status at all in the admin console or log entries when their status changes. Hmmm.