Run At Startup

jkraus

I don't know why a Program would not run. Just ran this simple Program with the Run At Startup option. The SwitchLinc was turned On during reboot. The Last Run Time matches the reboot time and Status is True. Perhaps there is something associated with a true power outage that affects the results.

If
  - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
       Set 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' On

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

My understanding has been that when “run at startup†is enabled on a program without an If condition the program will run true at startup. If however a program, which is enabled to run at startup, has an If condition, the ISY will run the If at startup. To verify I created two sample programs. Both are set to run at startup. The first program has no If condition and will turn on a light connected to the load node on a 8-button kpl. The second program has a time frame as the If condition. The test was run outside of the timeframe. At reboot the first program ran true and turned the light on. The second program ran false and did not turn the vent fan on.

If
  - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
       Set 'Devices / WR1 KPL 1 Ceil Lite' On

Else

If
       From     1:40:00AM
       To       4:40:00AM (same day)

Then
       Set 'Devices / WR2 KPL A Vent Fan' On

Else

I currently do not have “catch up on reboot†selected. I would presume, but do not know for sure, that if it were selected that program 2 would have run.

It seems to me I read in the wiki somewhere, or this forum (couldn't find the link), that back in the day a “run at startup†did in fact run the “then†of any program set to run at startup regardless of the If condition but that it was changed to evaluate the If if an If existed.

Apostolakisl, perhaps that program not working has something to do with the Repeat. Or maybe it is a timing issue. Maybe when the program runs the elk module isn’t quite ready for the command. Perhaps a wait of 30 seconds before the action would work. I don’t have the elk module so I cannot experiment.

Tim

edit: found the link http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1233&hilit=+run+at+startup+

I haven't done any true testing of this, but I noticed one day that the outside temp was not showing on my Elk keypads. So I checked the program status and that program was not running. There are no mechanisms to make that program stop running once started except for a manual stop (which I didn't do), so I assumed it was a power failure with a failed "run at startup". There had been a power failure the day before.

So I added the 1am for 24 hours line and yesterdays power failure rebooted with the program running, so I will just leave it alone.

Archived