Trying to save programs and getting an error...

ralbright

Okay, so I just made the jump from ISY26 to ISY99i, and so far most things are going smoothly. I could not import my ISY26 backup, so I had to recreate everything from hand. (Not too big a deal, just a bit annoying). I finally got all of my devices and basic scenes set up, and started to work on the programs. My first program that I am recreating is my setup Ramp Rates, which turns all lights on to 45%, then I go around the house and double tap the set button, locking in the ramp rate to 2 seconds. For whatever reason when I click save changes I get the following error message:

Invalid/incorrect program key

[HTTP]]

What does that mean???

Well I am no closer to understanding the meaning of the error, but what I did notice is when I had the failed import from the ISY26, it transferred 13 of my programs into the 99i before it crashed. I thought by simply deleting these programs from the interface that it would fix it, turns out I was mistaken. To correct the issue I took the SD card out of my 99i and put it in my computer, I made a backup of all of the files, and then deleted the PGM files from the conf/D2D directory (that is where the programs are stored), but the SD card back into my 99i and powered it back up.

Now it is working like it is suppose to.

Hello ralbright,

Sincere apologies for tardy reply. As always, we have a dedicated tech support team who'd be delighted to help out.

The problem is this:

1. You had two clients running at the same time (i.e. Admin Consoles)

2. One of them made changes to programs and saved

3. The other one, for some reason, was not notified of the change and tried to save again (now using an invalid state)

So, what you need to do is to click the Undo Changes at the bottom of the Program Details tab on all your clients (or just restart them).

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello ralbright,

Sincere apologies for tardy reply. As always, we have a dedicated tech support team who'd be delighted to help out.

The problem is this:

1. You had two clients running at the same time (i.e. Admin Consoles)

2. One of them made changes to programs and saved

3. The other one, for some reason, was not notified of the change and tried to save again (now using an invalid state)

So, what you need to do is to click the Undo Changes at the bottom of the Program Details tab on all your clients (or just restart them).

With kind regards,

Michel

Could this also be accomplished by accidentally double clicking on the Save Changes button? Because I am only running one client.

It sorta works now (I am not getting the error messages), but it is running painfully slow. I am running Windows 7 Professional 64bit with Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall. I have tried turning both of them off but have seen no improvement in speed. And sometimes it starts to launch the Admin console and then just quits.

Half the time when I start up the Admin console I do not get any status updates, which would point to a firewall issue, but even with the firewall disabled (and windows yelling at me for it), there is only a slight improvement. (Example saving one program takes about 25-45 seconds, versus taking about 5 seconds on my old ISY26.)

I am pretty sure I have allowed Java through my firewall.

Hello ralbright,

This is not normal at all. There's surely something else going on above and beyond the firewall issue.

Can you please check your Error Log and let me know if there are any errors? Also, do you have any programs that keep on running and trying to do things to INSTEON? I suspect something is working over time and thus all the symptoms.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello ralbright,

This is not normal at all. There's surely something else going on above and beyond the firewall issue.

Can you please check your Error Log and let me know if there are any errors? Also, do you have any programs that keep on running and trying to do things to INSTEON? I suspect something is working over time and thus all the symptoms.

With kind regards,

Michel

Well I previously had my Elk M1 setup with export rules in the ElkRP software, but that has since been removed (now that I have the Elk Module, I do all of the automation programming from within the ISY), my house control software is also linked to the ISY (Cinemar's mainlobby), but that is currently not even setup yet as I just put in a new server and have neglected to finish the ISY configuration until the ISY setup is finalized.

Other than those 2 items no other programs are running anywhere on my network that are talking to the ISY network.

I just finished making rules and did a backup, no lie it took 12 minutes for the ISY to complete the backup. On my old ISY26 I had 3 times the number of programs and the backup would take about 2-3 minutes (at most). This is really starting to get frustrating.

Not to mention during saves I get random errors ('Socket Open Failed java.io.IOException: An existing connection has forcibly closed by the remote host' as well as others.)

Hello ralbright,

I do apologize. We do need to take a look at this for it's absolutely not normal. So, to reiterate, you do not have the MainLobby plugin currently running. Correct?

We would love to schedule a call to diagnose further. Would you be kind enough to use the Submit a Ticket link below and provide us with a couple of time slots most convenient for you M-F from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM PST?

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived