What's in the next release (2.8.16)

Chris Jahn

Thanks and happy new year!

I need to report the first bug it seems...

I have no communication with my 2 EZFlora devices. No status indication, no commands sent or recieved. Right click and query does not even attempt a query that I can see.

When opening the admin console, ISY reports it cannot commumicate with one of 2 EZFlora devices and has a red exclaimation icon next to it. Neither one will do anything.

So far most else seems normal.

I really need 2.7.8 for the v 2.0 thermostats, but I can't find it.

Dougos2:

Happy New Year!

Please go to http://universal-devices.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=925049a46bfb51d5dae90f527&id=de858e3b1b to sign up for the new releases. You will be sent instructions as to how to upgrade.

Joe

Happy New Year guys!

Have a few issues with 2.7.8

When I tried to test the default SMTP settings, I am kicked to the emails/notification tab (which I assume is normal), then when I hit test, I get [-50010] Mail server DNS error [null]. No email was sent. The default setting worked fine in 2.7.7.

Issue 2. When trying to setup email addresses, it seemed I had to add and remove additional addresses to get the original one to appear. I tried to add a regular email address and when I hit ok, instead of the email address showing up, it was displaying the "enter your full email address" or whatever it said (Can't remember and can't recreate because of issue 3 that just started).

Issue 3. When trying to add an email address, the "add" but next to "regular email" can't be clicked.

Edited to add:

When I tried the test again, along with the mail server dns error was this message: [-140000] HTTP client DNS error [datafeed.weatherbug.com]

I also noticed the the old "notification to all" is still present in the programs that haven't been saved with the new emails. I did a "run then" on a program that had the old notify all option and that failed as well.

I can't figure out how to add an email address... Here's what I'm doing:

1. Click "Add" and enter name

2. Double Click Recipients (N/A) on the "Emails/Notifications" screen to get pop-up for Add, Edit, Remove.

3. Select "Verizon Text". Add, Ok, and Remove All are grayed out. The only options are "Remove" (there are no recipients at this point) or Cancel.

4. Click "Remove" to enable the "Add" and "OK" buttons.

5. Click "Add", which adds "Enter your 10digitphonenumber here@vtext.com" to the recipient list.

6. Change text to 555-555-1212@vtext.com format

7. Click "OK" (Only options are OK or Cancel)

8. Recipient list still shows "N/A", so I click Save... still shows "N/A"

9. Double click the "N/A" recipient and try to edit it, but the Recipient list is blank, and the only options are "OK" or "Cancel".

10. Tried selecting a different carrier, but "OK" and "Cancel" are still the only options.

11. Click on the "Recipients" header in the Add, Edit, Remove window, and that will enable the "Remove" button. SO I click "Remove", even though the list is empty.

12. This loops me back to #3 above... still won't let me add.

Is this a bug, or am I blindly doing something stupid? Thanks!

I changed my Network Settings to automatic and the emails are being sent using the default ISY email settings.

Also I just ran one of the programs that still has the "notify all" line and 1 out of the 2 email address that were listed in the original and current email configuration received the notification.

CJVann, see my earlier post, I think its a bug.

I can confirm problems with adding emails/notifications. When I add new notifications (or edit an existing one), my changes are not saved. To reproduce:

1. 1. Click Add
    2. Enter a name in the Name field and hit the Enter key.
    3. Click on "n/a" in the Recipients field.
    4. Select "Regular Email" from the list and click Add.
    5. Enter an email address and hit the Enter key.
    6. Click OK.

Upon clicking OK, the Recipients field remains "n/a". Subsequently clicking on the "n/a" opens a window without any addresses in it.

Hi all,

Upgraded to 2.7.8 alpha, and the tstat is not auto updating. Is there anything special I need to do?

EDIT: I have a v91(aka 2.0) tstat adapter.

Happy New Year Smileyw!

Yes there is. You must add the thermostat adapter by using the Start Linking pull down item under the Link Management tab.

Use the set button on the tstat adapter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Joe

A significant improvement in the tstat inteface!

Just completed an extensive matrix of tstat 2.0 adapter testing with 2.7.8a. I did not create programs that use tstat state values. I will email the complete results/artifacts to UDI support.

Summary of significant findings as follows:

1. fan mode not correctly reported and never queried.

2. Setting fan mode removes heat/cool set points from interface. Fan turns on as expected, but changes tstat to auto mode. Manual query of tstat reports heat/cool set points and mode as auto. Humidity is incorrectly reported as cool set point value. Second and subsequent manual query humidity reported as correct value. Manually set mode to off. Subsequent manual query reported mode as fan mode. Confirmed tstat in off mode and fan running.

3. Manually changed mode and fan state, then rebooted ISY after last test. Current temp, humidity, and mode are correctly reported. Fan mode is incorrectly reported as ON. Set points are zero. Switching to auto mode then back to program auto mode, set points are properly reported.

Questions/Observations.

1. The failure to report set points affects applications like iLink Pro and eKeypad ISY from properly reporting set points. It seems like there are three different set points CLISP, CLISPH, CLISPC which contain stale values depending on which mode the tstat is in. This results in confusing and misleading information being displayed in iLinc Pro and eKeypad ISY. Perhaps the stale and/or inappropriate information should be cleared based on which mode the tstat is actually in.

2. I did see intermittant incorrectly reported humidity values, but problem does not repeat consistantly only in program auto mode as with 2.7.7a. (Read TStat 2.0 Adapter - Humidity Problem thread.) Not sure if this eliminates the 2.0 adapter as a suspect or not.

3. Can CLIFS be queried?

4. Can the stale CLISP, CLISPH and CLISPC be cleared when not values not appropriate based on mode?

5. I thought I read somewhere the fan mode option was planned to be removed.

Elvis.

Hi all,

Thanks so very much for the input. I would humbly ask you all to first checkout the instructions here:

Instructions for 2.7.8 can be found here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/view ... hp?p=27368 .

This post is going to address all previous posts:

jcthorne

Please do be kind enough to unplug and plug your EZRain back in and let me know. The issues as far as querying the EZrain have always been the same and have not changed. Try querying zone 1.

mbrett

Please ensure your firewall is not blocking ISY.

TheGent

Please clear your Java cache and ensure that ISY has connectivity to the Internet. You should not see Notify All.

CJVann

1. Please clear your Java cache

2. You need to press the Enter button after changing the email address (from xx.vtext to yours). If you do not do that, the entry is not saved

brad77

Did you see a "Migrated" entry? And, if so, was it populated with your previous list?

smileyw

Please peruse the instructions for 2.7.8 which can be found here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/view ... hp?p=27368 . In short, remove your TStat from ISY, make sure it's in OFF mode, and then add it back in

elvisimprsntr

Please do be kind enough to follow the instructions for 2.7.8 which can be found here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/view ... hp?p=27368.

In short, remove your TStat from ISY, make sure it's in OFF mode, and then add it back in. Please let me know if you still have the same issues.

With kind regards,

Michel

Tstat v2.0 with 2.7.8, Mac: removed and added (using New Insteon Device and the address; is that bad?). The device shows up as four devices: Main, Cool Control Heat control and Fan Control. As has been noted above, the Fan "mode" still exists, instead of just the Fan Auto/On setting.

Note: the four devices show up in the Admin console Main page; they do not show up on the Devices page.

Similar issue to Brad77.

Steps to reproduce bug:

1) Open ISY click on Configuration/email notification

1) Click Add and type in a name and press Enter key

3) Click on N/A and add a new email address and press enter key and click OK

***BUG APPEARS AT THIS POINT***

The recipient still displays as N/A in the main grid.

Click Save

Still shows as N/A

Close ISY and reopen - still shows as N/A.

Regards,

Wayne

Note: The recipient field will display the email address/es in the main grid if the new email address group is used in a ISY 'Program', otherwise it displays as N/A.

NB. I had cleared my JAVA Cache after the installation and had my AV and firewall fully disabled.

With 2.7.8 I cannot connect remotely with my PC to the ISY admin console. I can get to the Devices/Programs/etc page okay. Cleared Java cache. From teh same network I can get to the admin page with my Mac.

Also from the same location iLinc connects to the ISY fine. It does see the four thermostat devices.

Hi all,

Upgraded to 2.7.8 alpha, and the tstat is not auto updating. Is there anything special I need to do?

EDIT: I have a v91(aka 2.0) tstat adapter.

Happy New Year Smileyw!

Yes there is. You must add the thermostat adapter by using the Start Linking pull down item under the Link Management tab.

Use the set button on the tstat adapter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Joe

That did it :)

W

I messed around and discovered that I can add exactly two lines of e-mail notifications. The third will not stick as reported above.

T-stats - I didn't delete and reinstall mine. They seem to be responding fine. Should I leave them alone? I was running 2.7.7 beta when i added them a few weeks ago.

elvisimprsntr

Please do be kind enough to follow the instructions for 2.7.8 which can be found here: http://forum.universal-devices.com/view ... hp?p=27368.

In short, remove your TStat from ISY, make sure it's in OFF mode, and then add it back in. Please let me know if you still have the same issues.

With kind regards,

Michel

D'oh! I added my 2.0 adapter using the new insteon device method and manually entered the particulars. Now that I used the start linking method, I also see the four entries.

Ugh! Now I need to retest everything!

Elvis

Michel

despite clearing my Java Cache, removing ALL start up programs inclunding my antivirus, I still cannot upgrade after several attempts. It gets to various levels of upgrade (40% max) then always fails with java.land,null pointer xception AND socket open failure messages.

Any ideas?