Thermostat setpoint control

morgan4x4

Is there a way using the rest interface to adjust thermostat setpoints incrementally up or down rather than setting a specific value? I am using the iRule interface, and can execute an IP command, and was hoping to send a +1 or -1 adjustment via the http rest interface.

Many thanks.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if you have found a solution.

I am in a similar situation. My thermostat (Filtrete 3M-50 / Radiothermostat) also does not have any commands for temp up or down; only discrete temps settings. I also like to integrate it in my iRule setup. I might need my ISY994's help. But how?

The standalone Radiothermostat apps for iOS and Android offer this functionality, so it should be somehow possible.

If you have access to the current temperature, can you just add or subtract 1 from that, and then send the discrete command?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for your reply, kevkmartin;

The thermostat's API would give me the currently set target temp. I could go from there. Unfortunately, I am a complete noobie when it comes to ISY programming. Thus far I have only written mini programs, if you can even call it that, to link X10 and Insteon devices. How would I need to go about it? Do I need to an addl. module for it?

TIA!

If you get the current temperature in a variable (cur_temp) here's some pseudo code:

If

command is temp_up

Then

new_temp = cur_temp +1

Else

No actions

If

command is temp_down

Then

new_temp = cur_temp -1

Else

No actions

set_temp_55

If

new_temp = 55

Then

Else

No actions

You would need a set_temp_xx for each temperature in the range you think reasonable.

Make sure that new_temp is defined as a State (vs Integer) variable.

Hope this helped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the reply.

I think before I can jump into the actual programming I need to figure out how to talk to the thermostat with the ISY.

Within the iRule I connect through a 'http gateway' . Where would I configure this in the ISY. Would this be in the optional network module?

Thanks!