Upgrade Issue with iPhone/iPad

Niccolo

Xathros:

Thanks. I have it working intermittently. Is there a recommended "off" or "exit" procedure that I am not following that is perhaps hanging it up?

Niccolo

None that I am aware of. I usually just exit the browser or go somewhere else. I don't use this method very often as I use Mobilinc for most all of my remote access to ISY. I did need to accept a new certificate when I tested yesterday. You might try clearing the cache and browser data on the iPhone and try again. (Settings / Safari / Advanced / Website Data / [Remove All Website Data] -or- [select edit and remove only your ISY address if you don't want to clear everything] )

Are you connecting via local network on WiFi, Remotely via DynDNS/Port Forward on WiFi or Remotely via 3G/4G ?

-Xathros

Xathros:

Thanks. I have it working intermittently. Is there a recommended "off" or "exit" procedure that I am not following that is perhaps hanging it up?

Niccolo

None that I am aware of. I usually just exit the browser or go somewhere else. I don't use this method very often as I use Mobilinc for most all of my remote access to ISY. I did need to accept a new certificate when I tested yesterday. You might try clearing the cache and browser data on the iPhone and try again. (Settings / Safari / Advanced / Website Data / [Remove All Website Data] -or- [select edit and remove only your ISY address if you don't want to clear everything] )

Are you connecting via local network on WiFi, Remotely via DynDNS/Port Forward on WiFi or Remotely via 3G/4G ?

-Xathros

Remotely via 3G. iPad is DynDNS, but not problem there. Just iPhone.

That would seem to indicate that the problem lies with the iPhone and more likely Safari. Some Ideas/things to try:

1) Reboot iPhone - Hold Power+Home Button until you see a white apple on black screen. - Test.

2) I wonder if your iPhone has a saved username/password for your ISY that may be causing this trouble here. You can clear those by going into Settings / Safari / AutoFill / Clear All. - Test again.

3) Try clearing the cache/browser data. Settings / Safari / Advanced / Website Data / Remove All Website Data. - Test again.

4) Try an alternate browser like Perfect Browser.

-Xathros

That would seem to indicate that the problem lies with the iPhone and more likely Safari. Some Ideas/things to try:

1) Reboot iPhone - Hold Power+Home Button until you see a white apple on black screen. - Test.

2) I wonder if your iPhone has a saved username/password for your ISY that may be causing this trouble here. You can clear those by going into Settings / Safari / AutoFill / Clear All. - Test again.

3) Try clearing the cache/browser data. Settings / Safari / Advanced / Website Data / Remove All Website Data. - Test again.

4) Try an alternate browser like Perfect Browser.

-Xathros

Thanks! I am working my way through. How do you download an alternate browser? Do you have to go to the Apple download store?

Yes. From the App Store on the iPhone but that should not be necessary as this SHOULD work just fine in Safari. What version iPhone and what version iOS do you have ?

-Xathros

Yes. From the App Store on the iPhone but that should not be necessary as this SHOULD work just fine in Safari. What version iPhone and what version iOS do you have ?

-Xathros

3G 5.1.1

Since following the steps you suggested, it seems to be working now. I'll monitor and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again for the help.

Niccolo

3G 5.1.1

Since following the steps you suggested, it seems to be working now. I'll monitor and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again for the help.

Niccolo

Excellent. I'm always happy to help.

-Xathros

3G 5.1.1

Niccolo

Excellent. I'm always happy to help.

-Xathros

Glad to have your help. Seems to be hanging up again, though. Just the iPhone. Maybe a hardware issue?

Glad to have your help. Seems to be hanging up again, though. Just the iPhone. Maybe a hardware issue?

Is there any pattern to the failures ? Like works over WiFi when home but not via 3g or WiFi away from home ? When you see this problem, do other web sites/apps still work on the iPhone ?

Its hard to say if its a hardware problem or not but since the problem is limited to the iPhone, the the phone is the place to look for a solution. Something drastic to try would be to do a full backup of the phone with iTunes, factory reset the phone and restore from the phone from the backup.

-Xathros

• 3 months later...

Did you guys find a solution to the https over 3G kuz I seem to have the same issue but after a few reloads of the web page and reloading safari eventually I get in. But I decide to turn on debug mode on my iPhone Safari and I found a few HTML and JavaScript errors that do not show up when the connection actually work so maybe you can take a look at this. I will post the screenshots.

post-3865-140474156565_thumb.jpg

post-3865-140474156569_thumb.jpg

post-3865-140474156572_thumb.jpg

Archived