Reverse Load Sensing or tuning a lamp off

SetMonkey13

So I have a few lamplincs in my living room. I currently have them set up to turn on near sunset. But would like to be able to turn them off whenever or later when the off program runs. The lamplincs are behind the couch and I don't want to have a remote at each lamp.

I like the load sensing option, but is there a way to flip the switch on the lamp off and on so that it still turn on later but make it turn off?

AKA:

Lamp is on.

Flip switch off and on. Lamp turns off. (probably will turn back on and then program will make it turn off)

Is there way to set up a program that will notice if the load is turned off and then back on?

Hello SetMonkey13,

Yes, you can use the Control Switched On/Fast On/Off/Fast Off in your programs for the LL.

As far as programming it - and if I understand you correctly - you want to have a program that increments a variable and when 2, then it will activate your program.

With kind regards,

Michel

but is there a way to flip the switch on the lamp off and on so that it still turn on later but make it turn off?

Perhaps I am missing the question. Are you asking whether you can turn off the mechanical switch on a lamp and somehow have insteon turn it on later? I believe the answer to this is "no". If the lamp switch is off, there is nothing that you can do with insteon to turn the lamp on.

Neither do I believe that you can cycle the lamp switch (on>off>on) and have insteon detect this (the insteon module will remain on). My suggestion is to install a switch at the room exits and link it to all your lamps. Use inteon to turn them off when you leave the room.

Select the LampLinc node so the On/Off “Current State†column can be observed. Turn the Lamp manual switch Off and On while watching Current State. If Current State changes (it will with a 2457D2 and possibly others) as the Lamp is manually switched On and Off then a Program can do what you want.

Turn the Lamp Off with manual Lamp switch and within 2 seconds turn it back On with the manual switch. The Lamp will turn On and the Program will immediately turn the LampLinc Off so that the other timing Programs will continue to work. The end result is the manual Lamp switch is On and the LampLinc is Off. If the Lamp is Off for more than 2 seconds the Lamp will turn On and stay On the next time the manual Lamp switch is turned On

An Integer Variable named iLampLinc must be defined using the Variables tab. Init and Value = 0

LampLincTiming Program
If
       Control 'LampLinc DB' is switched Off
   And Control 'LampLinc DB' is not switched On

Then
       $iLampLinc  = 0
       Wait  2 seconds
       $iLampLinc  = 2

Else
       $iLampLinc  = 1

LampLincOff Program
If
       Control 'LampLinc DB' is switched On
   And $iLampLinc < 2

Then
       $iLampLinc  = 0
       Set 'LampLinc DB' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

This is a working example.

Archived