wondering how to set a controller or responder

trzebrand

Are you referring to adding a device to a Scene as a Controller or Responder?

The ISY starts out with the device as a Responder as that is what most devices are in a Scene. It can be toggled to a Controller if not already a Controller in a Scene. A device can be a Controller in only one Scene.

If not a Scene question please expand.

I have a three way i have linked and cross linked the switches but when i try to use mobile linc pro or the univeral device it doesn't work unless i turn on the controller from the three way the responder's light will go up and down but will not turn the light on or off. Do i have to make a three way a scene inorder for it to work the way i want?

Define a single ISY Scene. Add the two switches as Controllers in the single ISY Scene. This will cross link the two switches such that either switch controls the load and the status LEDs of both switches stay in sync.

To operate both devices from the ISY or MobiLinc turn the ISY Scene On/Off. Turning an individual device On/Off has no affect on other devices that may be linked to the individual device.

Update: devices should only be linked with the ISY. Linking with the Set button creates links the ISY is not aware of. The links can eventually be deleted or overlaid by ISY activity.

Archived