Error ADD IR Linc # 2411T

marcoscc

I need help. I need to import new insteon Device IR Linc transmitter 2411T, but all the time that I trying to import this device in the ISY network the program report an error " Node not added - failed restoring device (11 D2 D9 1) [ -200000/-10].

I have no idea what is happening. Can someone help me ?

I have ISY 994I/IR PRO Firmware v 3.2.6 and IRLinc 2411T Rev 1.45 0918

Thanks in advance for help :idea:

Best regards

Marcos Silva

Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

Hi Michel Kohanim

Thanks for your quickly reply. I opened a ticket with UD to try to solve the problem. I am not sure about the procedure to downgrade my device firmware and if necessary to send the device to SH I will be in trouble, because I am in Brasil and it is very difficult to send the device back and receive it again (I need to pay the importation tax again).

Appreciate your help :D

Best regards

Marcos Silva

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why my new ISY 994I/IR PRO Firmware v 3.2.6 can not support the new IR Linc 2411T firmware. I Supposed that this is a new line of programing to be added to a new firmware in the ISY controller. I supposed that SmartHome always produce new firmware for the devices and make no sense to downgrade the device firmware to be compatible with my brand new ISY controller.

Anyway if I have no option to downgrade the firmware, the problem is solved (I will not use the device or hand program it), because I have no way to send back my device and receive a new one again (The Fedex and importation tax is High). I have a Brand new device and my Brand new ISY controller can not control it !!! unbelievable ... maybe in the near future the new ISY firmwares can support this device. :(

Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards.

Marcos Silva

Mr. Silva,

I am so very sorry but it's basically impossible for ISY to support IRLinc TX with the new firmware. The APIs for the new IRLinc TX do not do what they are supposed to do ... once they are fixed, then ISY can support it. In the meantime, the only way is to downgrade the firmware on IRLinc TX.

Or, if you wish, you could use the Network Module in combination with Global Caché products instead of IRLinc TX.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 1 month later...
Mr. Silva,

I am so very sorry but it's basically impossible for ISY to support IRLinc TX with the new firmware. The APIs for the new IRLinc TX do not do what they are supposed to do ... once they are fixed, then ISY can support it. In the meantime, the only way is to downgrade the firmware on IRLinc TX.

Or, if you wish, you could use the Network Module in combination with Global Caché products instead of IRLinc TX.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel:

Is there a tutorial or something that you can point me to? I have a 2411T and would like to use the network module to control it.

someguy

The 2411T has no network capability. How are you thinking about interfacing to the 2411T? The only information on the Insteon interface to the 2411T is the Developer area of SmartLabs web site. This is considered confidential and proprietary information. A Developer Subscription is required to access this information.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived