IOLinc Relay status wrong on scene operation

Illusion

I have an IOLinc relay's node in a few scenes. In one of these scenes I have the fader for for the relay at zero, so the operation of the relay is opposite that of the scene action. I am happy with the function but not the ISY's awareness of the IOLinc relay node.

If I turn the scene off, the relay turns on, but the ISY lists the Relay as off unless I query the node. As the ISY knows that the fader is at zero in the scene, shouldn't it update status correctly? If I turn the scene on, the relay turns off, but again the ISY shows status of the node as on, when in fact it is off.

If I have a lamp module at zero in a scene, and I turn the scene on, the ISY shows status of that module as off. Why should the operation of an IOLinc be any different?

Am I missing something?

The 0% On Level is universally taken as Off across the Insteon devices. The I/O Linc Relay is the exception. It would/will require an exception path in the ISY to handle the I/O Linc Relay.

Is the I/O Linc Relay configured for Momentary mode?

No. Latching. I guess this is becoming a feature request then. I will repost in feature requests unless I see a response from one of the UD guys here in the next day or so.

As always, thanks for the speedy reply, LeeG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually LeeG,

I think I am still a little lost. If the IOLinc did not have an exception, and acted like all other devices, when turning the scene on, shouldn't it be correct.

If I turn the scene on, the relay turns off, but again the ISY shows status of the node as on, when in fact it is off. This is with the fader for the relay node as off. Any other module that has its fader as off shows as off if I turn the scene on.

Illusion

Good catch! You are absolutely right. Scene On/Off shows correct I/O Linc Relay status for 100% On Level. However, it makes no adjustment for Relay command reversal indicated by 0% On Level. Since it does not mark the Relay Off with a Scene On the ISY must recognize the I/O Linc as not being a normal Insteon light control device but does not honor command reversal. Thanks for the catch.

Archived