ISY994iZ/IR PRO INSTEON Compatible / Zigbee Compatible

KHLUDI

Hi,

I am new to the whole Home Automation thing. Please be kind to answer some of my unknown questions.

1) I am looking to buy ISY994iZ/IR PRO INSTEON Compatible / Zigbee Compatible Automation Controller. It is stated that it is Zigbee compatible. Is that mean it will let me use this ISY994iZ/IR Pro to control the new Kwikset Traditional SmartCode Deadbolt with Zigbee Technology. Anyone is currently using these items or know about these items. Please share some advices.

2) I am currently looking for a door lock that will let me control (show me door lock status too) by the new ISY994iZ/IR PRO if the Kwikset above doesn't work with it.

Thank you in advance.

Hi KHLUDI,

Comments below.

With kind regards,

Michel

I am new to the whole Home Automation thing. Please be kind to answer some of my unknown questions.

1) I am looking to buy ISY994iZ/IR PRO INSTEON Compatible / Zigbee Compatible Automation Controller. It is stated that it is Zigbee compatible. Is that mean it will let me use this ISY994iZ/IR Pro to control the new Kwikset Traditional SmartCode Deadbolt with Zigbee Technology. Anyone is currently using these items or know about these items. Please share some advices.

Unfortunately not since it uses a proprietary version of Zigbee made by Control 4 and for which we do not have access to the APIs

2) I am currently looking for a door lock that will let me control (show me door lock status too) by the new ISY994iZ/IR PRO if the Kwikset above doesn't work with it.

The best option would be to use our soon to be alpha version of 994 with ZWave (NOT Zigbee). This will allow you to communicate with Schlage door locks and a limited set of ZWave devices (in addition to INSTEON).

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Question about your answer for #2.

Alpha version of 994? Which model? I see 994ir, 994ir/pro, 994iz/ir pro.. I look and don't see any model above will work with Z-Wave. Can you clarify, more detail please.

Thanks

Michel,

So what you mean was. The 994iZ is already have Zigbee built-in. I won't be able to add Zwave dongle to it.

If I want to go with ZWave dongle then I should go with 994ir or 994ir/pro. Then when the dongle is available then I can add it for ZWave. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Michel,

Thanks for these quick reply.

Refer back to my question#1 on the first post. Kwikset does have another lock http://www.kwikset.com/Products/Details/Electronic-Locks/910TRL-ZW-15-SMT.aspx with Z-Wave Technology. Will this lock work with future ISY994ir/Pro Z-Wave dongle add-on?

The reason I am asking is because I am looking to buy a lock and might as well buy the (Kwikset) expensive one with Z-Wave feature. So later on when the new ISY994ir/Pro has Z-Wave add-on then I can use to my phone to control that lock and see the lock status as well.

Thanks again Michel

Archived