Help me convince Wes to add a feature

mitch236

I have been a Mobilinc user for a few years. In a previous version of Mobilinc, the favorite page worked differently. Back then, when you selected a device/program to be on the Favorites page, you would select which function you wanted to run when it was selected. Once on the Favorites page, you could tap anywhere on the device/program and it would run the selected program. Now, you have to tap the Icon for the selected program to run. If you accidently tap outside the Icon, you are brought to the Program page for that device/program and have to scroll around to select what to run.

I'm sure many of you like this feature but for me, it makes the interface more problematic. I use Mobilinc on my iPhone mounted in my car. On my drive home, I select a program I've called "Coming Home" at the stop sign just before my house. Since I'm reaching for the phone when I try to select the Icon, I frequently hit the wrong part of the selection and am taken to the program page.

I asked Wes if he would consider making an option to choose which type of response the user wished to use. He stated that if there was enough support for my request, he would consider it.

Please chime in with your support (or why you don't need it).

I too like the idea and have an additional piece to add. What does everyone think about tap anywhere on a favorite to execute the preselected operation or tap and hold to access details. Best of both worlds ? Yes, No ?

I run into this issue trying to open/close my garage doors from the car. Its easy to miss the icon and end up with the details sheet.

-Xathros

I too like the idea and have an additional piece to add. What does everyone think about tap anywhere on a favorite to execute the preselected operation or tap and hold to access details. Best of both worlds ? Yes, No ?

I run into this issue trying to open/close my garage doors from the car. Its easy to miss the icon and end up with the details sheet.

-Xathros

I think this may be the best solution!!

-Xathros

Hell yes!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Archived