X10 RF off my powerline - using the W800RF32?

MikeB

I'm currently using the WGL V572A X10 transceiver to receive X10 signals from remotes and motions sensors and broadcast them on my powerline. My ISY receives these commands, and reacts accordingly. Works very well, though there is a noticeable delay and I'd prefer not to have X10 on my powerline.

Other threads have mentioned the possibility of the ISY supporting WGL's W800RF32 via the serial port, which I'm 100% in support of. This would get X10 off my powerline, and hopefully improve ISY reaction times.

However, I just noticed my new Elk M1 supports the W800RF32. Is anyone using this configuration to control the ISY via X10 RF devices? If so, I'd love to hear how well it works and what the response time is.

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Posting WAY later... but there's not that much activity on this so... it works well. Used it for a while with the Elk - and it works great. Lack of decent Insteon integration kept me from continuing to use it much. I'll be breaking the credit card remotes back out after the ISY-Elk starts working well. Soon, I hope.

• 2 months later...

Archived