Help understanding limitations of ISY-99

clark21236

I am trying to understand this a little bit better.

This is from the Smarthome site.

ISY-99i IR supports up to 1024 devices and scenes and a maximum of 1000 programs.

And this as well.

Supporting up to 20 triggers and 6 conditions/responses per trigger.

So, what this is saying is I could have for example 500 switches and 500 receptacles with room for 24 more devices.

And I could have a scene for each switch to turn on each receptacle.

Or would that mean a total of scenes and devices would be 1024.

And it could have 1000 programs. So, that could mean that I could program 1000 time schedules to turn on each different switch at a different time.

And it supports up to 20 triggers with 6 condition/responses per trigger.

So that means something like, if I double tap a switch, I want this to happen. That would be using one of the triggers?

Am I understanding this correctly? It just seems strange to me that with so much power, it could only handle 20 triggers.

And, am I wrong in understanding that the PLM is really where the links for the scenes are stored, the ISY is just assisting in monitoring them and setting them up.

Don't get me wrong, I think the device is great. And I am just getting started with mine. It's just that when I have been thinking about what I want to do, I can blow through what I interpret as 20 triggers in no time.

I am understanding this incorrectly?

Thanks for the guidance.

Dear clark21236,

Sincere apologies for the confusion. We've been trying to get SH change the contents of their website for the past 2 weeks; they've been quite busy but the corrections are forthcoming.

For accurate description of capabilities, please checkout our website http://www.universal-devices.com/99i.htm .

In short:

99i and 99i/IR support 256 nodes and 300 programs. Programs are triggers/schedules

99i PRO and 99i/IR PRO support 1024 nodes and 1000 programs.

With kind regards,

Michel

I am trying to understand this a little bit better.

This is from the Smarthome site.

ISY-99i IR supports up to 1024 devices and scenes and a maximum of 1000 programs.

And this as well.

Supporting up to 20 triggers and 6 conditions/responses per trigger.

So, what this is saying is I could have for example 500 switches and 500 receptacles with room for 24 more devices.

And I could have a scene for each switch to turn on each receptacle.

Or would that mean a total of scenes and devices would be 1024.

And it could have 1000 programs. So, that could mean that I could program 1000 time schedules to turn on each different switch at a different time.

And it supports up to 20 triggers with 6 condition/responses per trigger.

So that means something like, if I double tap a switch, I want this to happen. That would be using one of the triggers?

Am I understanding this correctly? It just seems strange to me that with so much power, it could only handle 20 triggers.

And, am I wrong in understanding that the PLM is really where the links for the scenes are stored, the ISY is just assisting in monitoring them and setting them up.

Don't get me wrong, I think the device is great. And I am just getting started with mine. It's just that when I have been thinking about what I want to do, I can blow through what I interpret as 20 triggers in no time.

I am understanding this incorrectly?

Thanks for the guidance.

Archived