Program schedule based on month / day but not year

swbrains

Hi,

I saw a previous thread suggesting the option to have a program trigger between certain dates (month & day) but without regard to the year. I want to add my request for this feature as well.

Also, while trying to program the workaround of entering the date range for many years as an OR condition, I ran into another question that you can hopefully help me with:

I want to have my holiday lights come on between Dec 1 and Jan 7. Even if I could add that date range to a program controlling my Outletlincs, I also want to say "If it's outside that range, turn ON the controlled outlet ALL the time." That is, have the controlled outlet turn on at sunset and off at midnight between 12/1 and 1/7, but the rest of year I'd like the controlled outlet always on.

Assuming I use the workaround of OR conditions for many future years, how can I accomplish the second part -- turning the controlled outlet ON when outside the specified date range. It seems like I need "nested" IFs in the program. :)

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Hello swbrains,

You just need a separate program. The main question is to how many parts have you divided the year? Is it only holidays vs. non-holidays? If so, you can have one program called Holidays (conditions only and no actions) and then two other programs which check the condition of Holidays program for True or False.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 4 months later...

Archived