How to Query

aLf

I have a basic Christmas Light program. Last night the lights did not turn off at 10:30 as supposed to. The program is written so that to turn off if I question the status. I have had no "QUERY" in any of the programs. I wrote the following as a backup. Will this take care of my issue?

If

Time is 11:00:00PM

Then

Set 'Gate Outlet' Query

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

All I need is to have the 'Gate Outlet' checked and if not off, it will trigger the entire "SCENE" off?

Thanks,

Tim

I have an "off" command, ISY (or subsquent call to an INL) just misses stuff occasionally. It did the other night. ISY said it was off, they were on. I can then either go in and turn them off in ISY, go to the KPL button (that controls the INL), or as I found query (right click in ISY)---then ISY senses it's report as "on"---and immediately turns it off. What I thought was as a bckup was to 15 minutes after the program calls for them off, just do a query of the INL, that would accomplish the same thing a a right mouse click. I just wanted to know if my "QUERY" program was written correct.

Here is the original program to run them.

If

From 10:35:03PM

To Sunset - 3 seconds (next day)

And Status 'Gate Outlet' is On

Then

Set Scene 'Gate Outlet' Off

Else

I then wrote this as the "QUERY"

If

Time is 11:00:00PM

Then

Set 'Gate Outlet' Query

Else

Do the guru's think that I did this the best way possible?

Tim

aLf

The Query is correct. There must be a comm issue with the INL location. The Scene Off marks the responders Off assuming they received the Off command. There is no positive device ACK for an ISY Scene. The Query changes the device Status to On which drives the Off Program again. The INL may be turned Off more reliably using a Direct Off rather than a Scene Off. Insteon will retry the Direct Off multiple times.

Archived