Forum has been migrated!

We're still investigating the missing subscriptions, but I do believe we'll be able to recover them.

Until then, please don't add any more subscriptions, since the "fix" may delete the new ones if you create any.

This will be addressed within a day, please stand by.

Thank you.

I see "quote" and "multiquote" buttons but they do nothing in IE 11. It will also not take cut 'n paste so there is no way to include a quote.

Note: I quoted the post above this.

The "code" text box is a PITA as it floats around and you have to inject  lines of text below it before sliding it into place or you cannot access below to type there. Hitting return to go to new line places the cursor into the code box and edits it. There is no cursor out the bottom again.

I am sure we will get used to it but so far I am not impressed from a user endpoint. The look is nicer. Chrome is not an option for me after crashing my previous systems.

Edited by larryllix

larryllix - empty your browser cache, reboot, reconnect, and open the editor for reply. Then press CTRL-F5, reopen the editor, and see if it works better. It should, I applied a patch specifically for this issue, but let us know if it continues to be be a problem.

io_guy - apologies for the issue with moderation, we'll fix that.

And to all who said their subscriptions were gone - we have a fix that will be applied today or tonight some time. In my testing, everyone who said here that they were missing, had them back after the fix was applied at a "test conversion" site, so everyone will get those back, no worries.

And to all who said their subscriptions were gone - we have a fix that will be applied today or tonight some time. In my testing, everyone who said here that they were missing, had them back after the fix was applied at a "test conversion" site, so everyone will get those back, no worries.

Fantastic - any thanks!

larryllix - empty your browser cache, reboot, reconnect, and open the editor for reply. Then press CTRL-F5, reopen the editor, and see if it works better. It should, I applied a patch specifically for this issue, but let us know if it continues to be be a problem.

io_guy - apologies for the issue with moderation, we'll fix that.

Ahhhh!

"Adfender" is the culprit. It sees the quote box as an advert???  Weird one!

Cut 'n paste trial 1:  "larryllix - empty your browser cache"   Works too, now!

Thanks!

My subscriptions are back.  Thanks!  I think the old actually got merged with the new, as I think I see new stuff that I wasn't subscribed on the old board.

I also noticed that one of my threads is locked.  snooping around it seems that all many pinned threads are locked.  Is that intentional?

Or is that some the thread author did?  Seems to impact multiple authors, so I assume not the authors choice.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/7293-isylogger-latest-version-v062/

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/7664-devlink-latest-version-v071/

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/7045-elk-wiki-connection-troubleshooting/

I also noticed that one of my threads is locked.  snooping around it seems that all many pinned threads are locked.  Is that intentional?

Or is that some the thread author did?  Seems to impact multiple authors, so I assume not the authors choice.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/7293-isylogger-latest-version-v062/

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/7664-devlink-latest-version-v071/

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/7045-elk-wiki-connection-troubleshooting/

The threads you linked are Pinned and Locked, yes. One was made by Chris J, the other two by io_guy.

io_guy is a Moderator for the Automation Shack section, and he locked those threads at some point in the past.

Chris J locked his topic as well.

These were locked on the old software too, though it wasn't really obvious. I just double-checked.

That said, if you see a locked topic you believe should be open for reply, please let one of the Staff know. :)

Thanks!

Problem has been addressed, let's let it propagate - it should work within 24 hours.

Thanks everyone for the heads up!

Unfortunately all my subscription notifications are still being treated as spam in Gmail.

I'm going to attempt to set up filters to avoid that, but who knows what Google will do in the future.

It could have something to do with my email being a forward from another domain.  I will look into that as well.

Anyone having issues with Firefox 30.0's automatic spelling checker or have a work around?

This could be a IP Board Forum software and Firefox issue as the Cocoontech forums. That also uses IP Board also disables the automatic spell checker?

Edited by Brian H

Xathros - deleting one's own posts is possible with some Group permission changes, but..... were you able to delete your own posts on the old software? (In the conversion, permissions had to be redefined, so this may have been overlooked.)

BrianH - Spell check is strictly a browser function, and in IP.Board it works fine, you just have to make sure the browser settings are selected correctly. I'm using FF latest as well. Open the editor, and inside the text window, type one word, any word, then hover your mouse over the word, and "right-click". The menu that pops up with your mouse should have an option "Check Spelling". Make sure that has a check mark next to it. Then immediately below that is a "Languages" option with a side-menu that opens when you hover over that choice. Make sure a language is selected there. (NOTE: This is the fix for any IP.Board install where this happens.)

TheSidewinder-

Yes, in phpbb, I was able to delete my own posts, at least up until there was a reply.  After that, I believe the delete option was gone.  IPBoard currently only allows me to remove the content of a post and leaves an empty post behind. Looks kinda strange.

-Xathros