How to turn off KPL lights

Redrox

How do you turn off KeyPadLinc lights with a different scene. Let's say Button B on one KPL is a Movie Scene and Button C is a Party Scene. If the Movie Scene is selected and I press Party Scene the same KPL (button C) or from any another KPL or RemoteLinc that has a Party Scene button as well how can I turn off all other KPL lights in my house except the one for the Party scene on one KPL?

It's easy to turn off the loads but I can't figure out how to turn off the KPL button lights. The same is true for programs as there is not even an option to select any non-load KPL buttons (only loads show up in the 'Action' option) so I cannot turn off/on KPL button lights with an action in a program either?

Hello Redrox,

To turn on/off KPL backlights, you have to put them in a scene and then use your programs to turn on/off the scene.

If you want to have buttons turn on/off mutually exclusive from one another, then you will have to use Mutual Exclusive Buttons. Please note that this will ONLY work if you have only one KPL. As soon as you have another controller in the scene, this will not work.

With kind regards,

Michel

How do you turn off KeyPadLinc lights with a different scene. Let's say Button B on one KPL is a Movie Scene and Button C is a Party Scene. If the Movie Scene is selected and I press Party Scene the same KPL (button C) or from any another KPL or RemoteLinc that has a Party Scene button as well how can I turn off all other KPL lights in my house except the one for the Party scene on one KPL?

It's easy to turn off the loads but I can't figure out how to turn off the KPL button lights. The same is true for programs as there is not even an option to select any non-load KPL buttons (only loads show up in the 'Action' option) so I cannot turn off/on KPL button lights with an action in a program either?

• 7 months later...

I am trying to control the light of a Keypadlinc via a program. I placed KPL button A in a scene all by itself. I then run a program that either sets the scene on or off. The state of the KPL A button (if I query via ISY-99) changes as directed by the program, but the button light does not change. I know the light on the button works as I can control it manually. As a further check of the KPL, I've tested with another program (HouseLinc 2) and I can remotely set the button light on or off. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks, Rob

• 3 months later...

i'm having a similar problem with turning on and off lights. thought i'd respond to this one as it's pretty close.

If
       Status  'Dining Fan Light' is not Off
   And Status  'Kitchen Overhead Light' is not Off
   And Status  'Living Sconces' is not Off
   And Status  'Media Side Door Light' is not Off
   And Status  'Office Overhead Light' is not Off
   And Status  'Stairs Overhead Light' is not Off

Then
       Set Scene 'BbuttonON' On

Else
       Set Scene 'BbuttonON' Off

if you turn on a light it doesn't change the status of the indicator. however the following program functions correctly (but a two button push is necessary because it's not switched on when a light is turned on).

If
       Control 'Front Door B - All Status' is switched Off

Then
       Set Scene 'All Lighting' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

nevermind, i'm an idiot.

If
       Status  'Dining Fan Light' is not Off
    Or Status  'Kitchen Overhead Light' is not Off
    Or Status  'Living Sconces' is not Off
    Or Status  'Media Side Door Light' is not Off
    Or Status  'Office Overhead Light' is not Off
    Or Status  'Stairs Overhead Light' is not Off

Then
       Set Scene 'BbuttonON' On

Else
       Set Scene 'BbuttonON' Off