Elk, ISY, Keyfob. Program to toggle current state of lights?

David D

I have an ISY with the Elk module. We use Honeywell key fobs for arm, disarm, panic and lighting. I currently have the key fobs programmed to toggle our "arrive" scene and associated programs on and off. Problem is, the key fob can't know the current state of the lighting, so it can take a double press to turn the scene and programs on or off.

How could I program the system so that if the scene and programs are on, a single key fob press would toggle the current state off and vice-versa?

Really we need more details on what you are doing.

I assume the honeywell keyfob is connected to the Elk as an Elk supported keyfob. I don't believe that ISY can see keyfobs connected to Elk directly (like a zone or output), but I am not sure since I don't have this type of keyfob on my elk.

I also assume you are using more things than just the keyfob to turn that scene on/off, which is how it gets out of sync.

The simplest way to solve this problem is to have a device that tracts the last use of that scene. For example, pick a switch that is in that scene that best represents the current status of that scene. In Elk, set an output to indicate that the keyfob has been pushed.

Elk program

Whenever

keyfob is pushed

Then

Set output x on for 1 second

ISY programs

If

status of (switch you are using as the indicator of scene status) is not off

Then

set integer variable scene tracker to 1

Else

set integer variable scene tracker to 0

If

Elk output x turns on

and variable scene tracker is 1

Then

set scene off

Else

set scene on

The key to modifying this setup is to the program that sets the variable to 1 or 0. You would alter your if section so as to best represent whether the scene is "on" or "off".

Archived