devices turning on unexpectedly

stevehoyt

I have recently had issues with devices turning on and off when they should not.

The first case was during christmas when i use a lamplinc that i had not used for awhile. It would turn on at 11 am each day and off at noon. I remembered, just by chance, that an old appliancelinc which was previously used to control my pool sweep had just such a program. I had deleted the program long ago but also remember having had problems deleting it. I suspect they were related to using safari as my browser. I got numerous errors deleting the progarms and folders and just forgot about them. I think somehow the isy associated the appliancelinc with the lamplinc.

I now have gone back to my normal non christmas mode and suddenly an appliancelinc that is not part of my sunset scene turns on like clockwork at sunset.

I suspect somewhere along the way some database has gotten corrupted but have no idea where to look.

I have verified that the devices are not in the sunset scene and in the preivous case that the program is gone.

Can you offer any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

I am running 3.3.8 on an isy 99

Thanks

that is the problem i can't tell what is doing it...

In the first case the one that happened with the program....I long ago deleted the program and there is no program i can find that runs when the light turns on.

in the second case it appears as though the appliancelinc has added it self to my sunset scene. Yet if i check the scene it is not part of it...

Steve

Regarding the ApplianceLinc turning on in response to a Scene, devices do not add themselves to Scenes. Run a Show Device Links Table against the ApplianceLinc. Check the Scene/Group number (2nd byte of link record) in each Responder link record (starts with A2) for a match to the Scene it is reacting to. Sounds like there is an old link record in the ApplianceLinc that matches an existing ISY Scene.

1 : 0FF0 : A2 11 19.70.06 FF 1F 00

This REST command issued through a browser will display all the ISY Scenes

http://192.168.2.7/rest/nodes/scenes

The deviceGroup tag contains the Scene/Group number which is displayed in decimal. The Show Scene/Group number is in hex. Convert the hex number to decimal to find in the REST display

SceneLampLinc

M13

-

14 41 95 1

Archived