Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

io_guy

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by io_guy

  1. In 0.10.3 I'm adding a button to manually check for updates. Should be released this weekend.
  2. Been seeing a few of those as well, I think the update server may be having some problems.
  3. v0.10.2 released.
  4. Tend to agree. Just had to replace my Pi SD card last week.
  5. no idea. sudo? ls /home/pi/node
  6. I just did a lite install and ran the script, NodeLink started right up. Try deleting NodeLink.dll and rerunning the script. Maybe it's corrupt.
  7. Hmm, I have a feeling your install is old (stretch). Install the latest buster lite.
  8. K, gimme a couple hours. I'll do a fresh install here and figure it out.
  9. Yep, next try sudo apt install libunwind8
  10. No, now just try running NodeLink again. The seg fault is a missing package. My Pi has a ton of crap already installed so clearly I need to add a package to the install script for a fresh install. Just trying to figure out which one(s).
  11. Can you try: sudo apt install curl apt-transport-https
  12. Had a few of those too, seems to be working now.
  13. Install script is now moved over to .NET Core 3.0
  14. v0.10.1 released. NodeLink has now move to .NET Core 3.0. Previously versions of NodeLink will not automatically upgrade to this version. If running a Pi, the install script can be re-run and the required files will be downloaded. You configuration will remain intact. If you are manually installing, you need to download the new zip file and install NET Core 3.0 runtime.
  15. It only shows up if the nodedefs are out of date. If they're ok, it's hidden.
  16. Not sure the question. That option auto-updates the ISY with NodeLink's NodeDef files if they're not up to date.
  17. io_guy replied to ulrick65's topic in NodeLink
    You may want to play with Synology's docker. I use it for Emby Server, Unifi Controller, NodeLink, and 17 other programs. Saves having a separate linux computer.
  18. io_guy replied to ulrick65's topic in NodeLink
    Following the guide should get you there. Raspbian and Ubuntu are both Debian.
  19. Really not concerned about security for light switches. Door locks are S2 Z-Wave anyway. For me nothing beats Insteon for switches. They work and have a small form factor. I just pulled these from my house today to bring to the new house. Now if Inovelli would just make a dimmer the same depth as Insteon, I'd say good-bye.
  20. Glad to hear there's no issues so far. I've squashed a number of bugs over the last few days, amazing how many differences/quirks there are between Framework and Core. Anyways I'll convert everything over officially in the next week or so. I have it running on Docker as well so that now covers Windows, Linux, Linux Docker and OSX. Did discover that my Hue Emulator is broken, but it looks like it was pre-conversion that it stopped working. Need to dig into that one deeper.
  21. Yep, that was always the plan. It needs to be compiled for BSD but shouldn't be difficult.
  22. Glad to hear. Once we get a few more days runtime on it I'll release this officially.
  23. I updated the script to create everything as pi (with the exception of the symlink which has to be root). I chown the xml so that it's to pi.pi in case an old install created it as root. I've left the rc.local as root - a user can switch to pi if they want but I'm really not too concerned about running as root. I suspect that once dotnet 3.1 comes around (which is LTS) end of 2019 that distros will make packages for it. I really don't mind the binary lump though since it requires no compile and gives full flexibility on the install script.
  24. The issue is with the rc.local since it starts NodeLink as root, it'll create config.xml as root. Suppose I could change this to su pi -c 'dotnet /home/pi/node/NodeLink.dll &' Or I could drop everything to pi so that first-time install runners would start NodeLink as pi, hence ownership of the xml would stay as pi.
  25. No issue changing location, just need to charge startup script(s) as you mentioned. The install script extracts dotnet into the folder /home/pi/dotnet. It also creates a symbolic link to /sbin. So, you could either use /sbin/dotnet or /home/pi/dotnet/dotnet

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.