Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

aLf

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aLf

  1. aLf replied to Michaelv's topic in ISY994
    gregory: Could you elaborate on your comments for a not-so-savvy ISYer like myself. Maybe a quick tutorial on the "best & safest" way to set-uo the ISY (and other internet stuff like cameras) would be beneficial to me. aLf
  2. aLf replied to Michaelv's topic in ISY994
    Don't think for a minute that someone, sometime might hit your router. I surely wouldn't want univited guests on somethingthis important. Maybe even the ISP provider! aLf
  3. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    I have a bit over 30 switches. I wonder if anyone has written a good functional code to notify (when away from home) anytime any switch were tuned on? I currently have a program which turns everything off hourly, but it would be nice to see if status or switched were to happen. Thanks, aLf
  4. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    I have the following program; If ( From Sunset To Sunrise (next day) ) And Control 'Garage Lantern S' is switched Fast On Then Set 'Garage Lantern S' On Set 'Garage Lantern W' On Wait 2 seconds Set 'Driveway Septic' On Wait 2 seconds Set 'Woodshed' On Set 'South Entry Lantern' On Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') I would expect it to show FALSE and it does until I use it, then turns TRUE. After I return the switches to OFF, it still shows TRUE! Here is the normal way to turn it off; If ( Control 'Garage Lantern S' is switched Off Or Control 'Garage Lantern S' is switched Fast Off ) Then Set 'Garage Lantern S' Off Set 'Garage Lantern W' Off Wait 2 seconds Set 'Driveway Septic' Off Wait 2 seconds Set 'Woodshed' Off Wait 2 seconds Set 'South Entry Lantern' Off Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') For you Guru's, I use this to turn on several lights on the driveway at once rather than having to go around to 4 seperate switches. Any help, suggestions or a better way to do would be appreciated. Thanks, aLf
  5. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Rand: Just re-booted the modem, no luck. Is there a WIKI link you can post that will help configure the 99 to internet access. Does it explain HTTPS and its use with the 99. Never had that with the 26. aLf
  6. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Ok Guru's.. Since upgrading, My XP machine will no longer see ISY in My Network Places. I can access it by typing the URL in, but no icons show. Is there a simple fix? aLf
  7. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    How do you delete the Java Cache in Vista?
  8. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Rand: I got the swap done, but how do I log back into it? How does the new 99 know its IP address? aLf
  9. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    Ok. I'm ready to make the change from an old ISY 26 to a new 99Pro. The old 26 and the new 99 have 2.6 as frimware. Would someone please list the details of my change-over. I.e., where to disconnect the old ISY, when to insert the new, and how to re-install the back-up. At what point should I install the 2.7 upgrade? If you could list these in the best order, I will make the plunge. As a subnote, please tell me the best way to zero out the old 26 for use in my other home. Thanks, aLf
  10. aLf replied to mgreene's topic in ISY994
    Mike: So if I understand right. My old 26 which was never upgraded from 2.6, can just be manually upgraded to 2.7 with no other event required? Also, what version did my new 99Pro (recieved a couple weeks ago) have installed. If 2.6, I'll assume that when I set it up, I will also just do a straight upgrade to 2.7. Thanks. Tim
  11. Really a dumb question from a long timer---but. I never have synched my KPL buttons for say an all off. How do you have a KPL button be a responder? And can all the buttons ( be responders? Thanks aLf
  12. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Oh come on ulrick, the temperature has moderated. It's getting up to the teens now during the day! Been below zero almost all winter so far, this morning was 11. But come here in July and you won't want to leave. aLf
  13. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Thanks All! Just Factory reset the #2 Toggle, then restored device. Problem gone. All is well in northern Wisconsin again. aLf
  14. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Payton Manning Mike: I have the relay operating justa simple 100watt light bulb. I will try just unscrewing the bulb and see if that does anything. Will reset the switch too. aLf
  15. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Mike: SW#1 is a SWL Relay, the errant turn on is a ToggleLink dimmer. Michel reccomends resetting the ToggleLink. aLf
  16. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    No X10 traffic. Can you possibly do a ten second explain on the right way to factory resest. Then do I just restore with the ISY restore function that I just did? Thanks, aLf
  17. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Just "Restored Device" on both SW's and no change. I'm stumped . Oh and by the way, the SW #2 that is coming on with #1 is a Togglelink. In addition, it is installed outdoors and is cold-COLD, zero or so. It is dry, but cold. It also has worked flawless for a couple years. I'm not sure if this problem has been a two year old problem or not as as I explained in the leader post, I hardly ever use either of these switches. Michel, any ideas? Regards, aLf
  18. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Thanks guys. I have looked at the Admin and trigered the switch. The SW#2 does not show up as illuminating! I will try a restore device. Anybody else have any input, my ears are open. aLf
  19. I have had my ISY setup for a couple years. Until today, my basic programs, scenes and links have worked as advertised. Tonight I manually turned on a SWL that is used very little (6 or 7 times). I forgot to turn it off and about an hour later, the Mrs. asked me what light was on outside. I told her it was that particular SWL, she said no I'm talking about another light on the other side of the house. I was shocked to find a completely different light on. I turned off the first forgotten light and to my surprise, the second one went out as well. I figured that it was simply an error link setup when I installed ISY and expected to see light #2 as a responder to #1. There are no links between the two anywhere. Their only mutual relation is through and "All off" scene I have setup. If I turn on #1, #2 responds. It does not work backwards. Again, I have checked for any links. Anyone have any ideas? aLf
  20. aLf replied to G W's topic in ISY994
    Michel: Thanks. I'll retry our conversation later today. I understand the weather bug thing in general. Just not sure how you are incorporating it into ISY. How will I be able to use it with ISY? aLf
  21. aLf replied to G W's topic in ISY994
    Just curious. Where is this weather data going to be located and how will I be able to veiw it?
  22. aLf replied to Sub-Routine's topic in ISY994
    OK Michel... Can you go out on a limb here? Are we. Or in this case me, going to have to replace all switches to eventually live happily ever after? In my case I am currently (life #2) with SH. I started with 2300 series X10 from SH and spent 1000's on new Insteon stuff. Yes my current I1 works good, but if I understand properly, my investment is now gone, and if a simple SWL or KPL fails, I have only one option... Buying I2 and the rest of my network won't like it? If this is the case, to date my investment at UD is the only good money I've spent on Insteon. Please tell me it t'aint so! aLf
  23. Rob: Thanks, I will do that. Is there a reason why you can't set this up for >90 minutes. I'd like to set it up to run, say 3-4 hours after I exit for bed. My current Leviton timer only will go 60 minutes and there is still "hours" of heat left in the heat exchanger. aLf
  24. Rob: Do you think that a SL will be strong enough for a fan on my fireplace?
  25. Mine does the same. I believe that if you push the KPL button on and off ISY wil then see it. Welcome to ISY and power outages. I'm thankful to UDI every time the power company loses it. And yes, ISY does a great job on the reboot.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.