Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

aLf

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aLf

  1. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    Is there a way for ISY to send a text through the resource manager? Thanks
  2. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Got a way to control motion from Axis. I was hoping to use a variable to note the posting or lack off to the cam from the web. Then use that variable to turn a KPL light on/off.
  3. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    I've already got the Axis cameras working great with ISY, just wanted to explore Variables to see if there are internal functions in the camera that will work better.
  4. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    Since buying a new Windows computer, I have had issues with the Admin. Console / UI fonts being way to small to see. I go into FILES/THEMES/FONT SIZE and change to the largest (#20) and this helps, but is still kind of small. This larger font will stay sometimes for many days, some times is back to small next entry. Is there a fix for this? I'd think that the personalization of the UI would stay. Thanks.
  5. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Sorry, been out the last two days. I'm first off looking to understand and use them. 1st spot ill work with is with cameras, and my Schlage door locks. I like the idea that if I walk up to the house the iphone could sense it's me and unlock a door. From there, I will just play with it. I had seen some ideas with the Schlage locks a long time ago. Guess I can start there. The cameras are a whole big project that I'm sure will have many uses. For now though, I just want to experiment and educate myself.
  6. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    I'm ready to move on to using Variables. I've read various posts on the subject and of course the WIKI. I'm still quite confused as to where I should start. Does anyone/has anyone written a good mini-course on the subject? Thanks.
  7. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Well thanks to Michel and the good techs at Axis, I have this working. If anyone needs help with it, feel free to PM me for insight. Simply said, set up additional requirements in the "EVENTS" section of the camera for your motion. Wheter you set it up with Companion, or manually, set the same additional requirement for both Wide or Low bandwidth. Then trigger that step through ISY (and in my case a KPL). I have mine piggy-backed on a program with a Schlage door lock, so when the door is unlocked, the motion goes off, and on when locked. In the end, I found it a better solution than I ever had with Panasonic. The Axis cameras are much more money, but their robust functions, I feel, make them a bargain.
  8. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    I got t his figured out years ago on the Panasonic cameras (thanks to major help from Burakk). I now have exclusively Axis cameras. The Vapix commands as they call it are a bit more troublesome. What I really was looking for was the command sent by Axis Camera Companion that turns the "event/action rule" on/off that controls motion on/off. After many emails with Axis, they don't seem to know??? They suggested making an "additional condition" that in essence is true/false and thus makes the action rule false. The command I made which does work is: http://<URL>:<PORT>/axis-cgi/virtualinput/'>http://<URL>:<PORT>/axis-cgi/virtualinput/activate.cgi?schemaversion=1&port=1 http://<URL>:<PORT>/axis-cgi/virtualinput/deactivate.cgi?schemaversion=1&port=1 These work fine in my web browser to activate and deactivate. I've highlighted the differences for you to see I need two Network Resources. Here is the "response" I get in the web browser. activate: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <VirtualInputResponse xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.axis.com/vapix/http_cgi/virtualinput1 http://www.axis.com/vapix/http_cgi/virtualinput1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.axis.com/vapix/http_cgi/virtualinput1" SchemaVersion="1.0"> <Success> <ActivateSuccess> <StateChanged> true </StateChanged> </ActivateSuccess> </Success> </VirtualInputResponse> deactivate: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <VirtualInputResponse xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.axis.com/vapix/http_cgi/virtualinput1 http://www.axis.com/vapix/http_cgi/virtualinput1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.axis.com/vapix/http_cgi/virtualinput1" SchemaVersion="1.0"> <Success> <DeactivateSuccess> <StateChanged> true </StateChanged> </DeactivateSuccess> </Success> </VirtualInputResponse> I can't get a Network resource to work properly and have no returns other than N.A. Here is a screen shot of the resource I made: POST axis-cgi/virtualinput/activate.cgi?schemaversion=1&port=1 HTTP/1.1 Host: <URL>:<PORT> User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 Connection: Close Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content-Length: 0 Authorization: Basic <password info> Could someone walk me through the creation and proper responses needed to modify the camera? Thanks, aLf
  9. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    I have a few lights that are used in different scenes if you will. Here is an example. I have a very elaborate outdoor landscape lighting system. It is on from sunset to 10PM. Simple. I have a program for that. This Christmas I added my door lights to the scene. After the holiday, I want the door lights off unless needed. Can I have a folder that runs SWL 1, SWL 2, SWL 3 to do as I want in a folder that runs from 12/1 to 12/31. Then have SWL 2, SWL 3 run separately in another folder for the summer landscape? I assume that they can be used in separate folders, unless they contradict each other? Also, can a folder be set up for a period, say April 1 to October 25 of any year? I only see a date specific to a MMDDYYYY. Thanks.
  10. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Thx
  11. I have many lights that I control at sunset to 10PM. I like to have the backup of making sure they off at other times. That said I have each on their own program, i.e., IF: item is off, THEN: turn item on. Vice, during the off times IF: item is on, THEN: turn item off... I'd like to simplify my housekeeping and include all the items in one program. How can you then write that each item is challenged? I thought about a folderthat says from sunset to 10PM these items run, but then I don't have the protection in the off hours???
  12. aLf replied to hart2hart's topic in ISY994
    How can you have two KPL buttons "H" in a scene that can be turned on/off from a program? Can't seem to get an option for on/off... Can this only be done with "A"?
  13. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    MikeD: I assume this has to be done through variables? I have never written a variable, therefore not sure where to start. Is there any way we could talk for a few minutes? Your program sounds perfect. Tim PS PM if you have the time so I know how to contact you.
  14. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Still can't get the KPL light to change with status. Maybe I need a whole new program. Does anyone else have this function?
  15. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    I just finished installing two BE469(s). The process went well, no issues. I'm somewhat stumped as to how to program the locks. ​Being as this is my first Zwave product, I installed two sirens (per previous poster). I note that the communication is much slower and at times ISY reports "failed communications". Is this the norm for Zwave? ​I'd like to control these with ISY and a KPL. What I'm looking for is the simple press of the KPL button to turn them both to lock, and turn the KPL light out to unlock. If they are locked (and the KPL ight is on) and someone unlocks manually, the light would go out. I could then either re-lock via the KPL or go looking why it unlocked and relock, thus turning the light back on. I would then also as a backup have a program to automatically turn the scene locked at 10pm and unlock at 7am (or someone could just unlock them manually). Any help getting this bulletproof would be appreciated. I've tried writing a program that did work to lock and unlock, but did not show proper status when manually unlocked. Any other cool things to do with them? Tim PS. The Zwave card was all of 5 minutes to install. The door locks were 30 minutes each. The only gripe I have is that the deadbolt plate on the BE469 has relieved corners, where the ones I removed Baldwin (Schlage) were perfectly square. I'll now have to fill in the corners with caulk or ???
  16. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    In another life, I used Panasonic BB-HCM xxx cameras. A gentleman on the forum was VERY helpful in getting code to run the cameras from ISY through the cameras internal software. After working on it for years, I got it to send almost all the commands I needed for my setup. Fast forward to today, and I just finished a new house. I installed all Axis eqipmet in it. My question... Has anyone worked with Axis? Is there a code similar to Panasonic's to control things? Any help and input is much appreciated. aLf
  17. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Tried having a load on it, and wala, instant link! Guess it needs to have a purpose first?
  18. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    I've tried several presses of the link set button. I've tried many outlets and there is no link to ISY.
  19. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    New install... Old equipment. I have 4 old AL's that I used in the last house. I'm trying to get them to link with ISY through the "start linking" button. None of them will transmit and be seen by ISY??? I don't know (and its not written on them) what the address is, so I can't link via that? Any ideas. Some are very old V1.5, one is 3.1 and one is 4.5... aLf
  20. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    I have the downloaded .jnlp, but it won't open... How do I open it to run?
  21. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    I can get to ISY via the local URL, but I can't get the Java version of the controller to load.
  22. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    I've had some Insteon in the past that changed status, i.e. off when on, vice. I'm just concerned that the outlet will random turn off. I know that these units have evolved, but I still have memories of them doing what they shouldn't!
  23. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    Just setting up new computers and forgot how to get the desktop ISY Console (Java) to be an active icon?
  24. aLf posted a topic in ISY994
    Just put many of these new versions in the house. I just went to program the first and found it is now controllable bot top and bottom! That is great, but in this particular use, I have a clock pugged into the top (always hot), and the fluorescent light plugged into the lower (on at sunset - off at 10:30). The light is an easy program. But I obviously don't want the clock switched of accidentally... Is there a way to bullet-proof a program so as to make sure it is ALWAYS on?
  25. aLf replied to aLf's topic in ISY994
    Ok, maybe I just figured it out. My post (if read proper above), clearly stated SWL's. I just looked and what you've been trying to tell me looks to ONLY work on KPL's. Yikes! So in SH's infinite wisdom, There is no on/off adjustment for SWL's? So my original program is it? No way to combine on/off levels for the LED's? Brilliant. I can't believe someone else has not attacked this problem The LED's are blinding at night. My program works, but with all the switches, it will be a VERY cumbersome write. Any suggestions? aLf According to what I see, I'm running the latest FW? Am I not?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.