Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jkraus

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jkraus

  1. jkraus posted a topic in Polisy
    New polisy, up and running, running Iop added a PG3 node server, seems to install OK, but where do I see it on my ISY dashboard, pretty lost on how this works and how I access the new installed node server...or maybe it never installed but I got all green comments??
  2. Ha I do not know how to exclude or how to put something in learning mode sorry for the basic questions
  3. first zwave ia an Aeotec extender, I go to add device and it "listens" for the Extender which is only about 5 feet away, but never finds it. Maybe extenders are not added??
  4. Is the Caseta bridge a Zwave extender? In other words are Aeotec Range Extender the same end result?
  5. jkraus posted a topic in Polisy
    As I start down the path of moving from isy to polisy and replacing some of my insteon switches, I was leaning toward Zwave until I discovered the Kasa Node server. Since the kasa are all wifi enabled (I have a couple and so far they work great) would Kasa be a better way to go, eliminating the Zwave RF coverage issues? ahh one issue I forgot, the Kasa switches are all white. anyone have experience changing out the paddle color?
  6. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in Polisy
    perfect, thanks
  7. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in Polisy
    I saw KASA had a node server and I have some other Kasa devices so though their smart bulb may work
  8. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in Polisy
    OK, but since Insteon is no more and I have an inline insteon controller gone bad, I have no way to control our outside wall lamp (the inline was installed in the lamp base), so I am at a loss of how to get it back to isy controlled light, so though a wifi smart bulb that has a node server would be the easiest solution. Any other suggestions?
  9. Oh cool, a picture worth a 1000 words! I have a ton more questions, but I think better to wait till I actually receive the Polisy, as some answers may become self evident! Thx
  10. jkraus posted a topic in Polisy
    long time isy user, Polisy is on order. Will be moving some of my failed devices form Insteon. For a few bulbs I was looking at wifi smart bulbs that also could be controlled via a node server install. any/best suggestions?
  11. thanks, OK that help, I am sure it will become clear after I receive the Polisy, just wasn't sure if it would appear really foreign to me? Thx
  12. Long time isy user, ordered a polisy but not yet arrived. For the interface I know that you can run Isy (IoP) and then you can go to a different interface just to add Node servers to show up in the isy interface, do I have the concept correct? Is there another (3rd) interface beside isy that you can use to write your scenes & programs, or does it just look like an old isy when in that stage? alos, does the interface change if you are running a legacy insteon setup, which initially I will Just a bit confused on the concept here. Thanks much Joe
  13. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in UD Portal
    Would be great if there was a YoLink Node server
  14. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in UD Portal
    Oh, I see, I don't really need more complexity in the IFTTT applet because I can make the complexity in the isy program and call that from IFTTT, oh so cool!
  15. jkraus posted a topic in UD Portal
    I have a simple program with the free IFTTT, but I want to add a bit more complexity. However, they want the pro service at a fee to do this. Is there a free alternative? will Google Home do this (it is a program using YoLink). Anything else?
  16. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    Is not Caseta the same as Lutron, or are there different Lutron versions?
  17. So I hear that Lutron is better then Zwave, so I assume it is a different protocol than Zwave. Does anyone have experience with it vs Zwave in terms of not needing any additional amplifiers? or any other pros or cons vs Zwave is appreciated. Additionally I may be confused is Caséta the only Lutron type or are there others i.e. is Caséta the only Lutron smart switches?
  18. Thanks for the tip, yea good idea going vertical
  19. does the zwave dongle actually do the rf communication? I would think a dongle in back of the polisy would have limited range. do most of you then add a repeater/amplifier near the polisy?
  20. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    Oh, thank you sooo much
  21. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in Polisy
    what would the wifi be used for, connection to the network?
  22. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in Polisy
    thanks! got it , and just ordered the polisy and zwave dongle
  23. jkraus posted a topic in Polisy
    any advantages to going with the pro? WiFi added, but what would I use that for? Network connection? I have an network switch nearby, so no advantage, right?
  24. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    If I could find a dimmer....
  25. jkraus replied to jkraus's topic in ISY994
    cool thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.