Release 4.0.2 Beta Is Now Available

After the upgrade to 4.02 all programs that have 'ON' for a 'Set' command in the 'Action' field will show '100%' in the 'Program Content' field (unlike previous versions where it would also show 'On'.)

This is a change to programs, but will not change the behavior of your current programs at all.

Previously in program actions, setting a dimmer to 'On' would always just set the dimmer to 100%, therefore, it now shows as '100%'.

Now in program actions, when setting a dimmer to 'On' it actually uses the local on level for the device.

EMail notifications don't seem to be working. I get a Mail Server connect error when I try the test button. The settings haven't changed for over a year. Is anyone else able to send notifications? Version is 4.0.2.

Mail server is running since I can send an EMail to myself on my iMac.

From the error log:

Tue 2013/03/05 02:56:20 PM System -50001 -5

Tue 2013/03/05 02:59:15 PM System -50001 -5

Tue 2013/03/05 02:59:42 PM System -50001 -5

Tue 2013/03/05 03:01:01 PM System -50001 -5

EMail notifications don't seem to be working. I get a Mail Server connect error when I try the test button. The settings haven't changed for over a year. Is anyone else able to send notifications? Version is 4.0.2.

From the error log:

4.0.2 is working for me using Gmail SMTP.

-Xathros

Thanks Xathros. I'll playing around with my settings.

BTW, Does the IOLinc Control Node maintain it's state through a power failure? We just had a power outage and the IOLinc Control node was reporting OFF when it was ON prior to the failure. Wondering if it's still reversed after a power failure.

From the error log:

4.0.2 is working for me using Gmail SMTP.

-Xathros

I just was forced to upgrade to build 17 of Java. Are you running build 17? Maybe they've plugged another security hole that prevents my EMails going out.

After the upgrade to 4.02 all programs that have 'ON' for a 'Set' command in the 'Action' field will show '100%' in the 'Program Content' field (unlike previous versions where it would also show 'On'.)

This is a change to programs, but will not change the behavior of your current programs at all.

Previously in program actions, setting a dimmer to 'On' would always just set the dimmer to 100%, therefore, it now shows as '100%'.

Now in program actions, when setting a dimmer to 'On' it actually uses the local on level for the device.

Well, let me try and see if I understand that: if it's 'On' it'll show '100%'; if it's 'Off' it'll show 'Off' - and all this only happens to existing programs after the 4.02 update. All new programs (after the 4.02 update) will show 'On' for 'On' and Off' for 'Off'. Also, in the existing programs if you update any line in the 'Program Content' that now shows '100%', you hit 'Update' and then 'Save' it'll revert to 'On' - just give it a try. Consistency checks are good during alfa and beta testing they say.

gamard

Most of what you repeated is correct. There is one aspect that was not what Chris related which was not repeated correctly.

A little background. Some users thought On meant any condition that was not Off when in fact On meant 100% On. To clarify what On means it was changed to 100%. The If below is testing for 100% On

If Status 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' is On

This was changed going into 4.0.2

If Status 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' is 100%

Both If statements above mean the same thing. At 4.0.2 there is no longer an option to say If Status xxxx is On. It has to be If Status xxxx is 100%

For an Action statement in 4.0.2

Set 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' On

Set 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' 100%

are both valid but mean different things.

Set 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' 100% turns the SwitchLinc Dimmer to 100% On Level

Set 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' On turns the SwitchLinc Dimmer to the defined Local On Level.

This is the value set but the slider labeled On Level (applied locally). If the SwitchLinc Local On Level is set to 80% the Set 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' On turns the SwitchLinc to 80% On Level

I traced both of the Set statements described above

Set 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' On issues an On command with 80% On Level (the CC)

Tue 03/05/2013 05:46:31 PM : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 16 3F 93 0F 11 CC

Set 'SwitchLinc Dimmer' 100% issues an On command with 100% On Level (the FF)

Tue 03/05/2013 05:46:31 PM : [iNST-TX-I1 ] 02 62 16 3F 93 0F 11 FF

I would click Help | About and make sure the UI line indicates 4.0.2. From the description of 100% changing to On it sounds like the UI may not be at 4.0.2. When I save a Program that indicates 100% either in the If or in a Set it stays 100%

The continuous support by UDI makes their products a tremendous value - I just ordered my $99 994i upgrade - $99!!! Compare for example Apple forcing us to upgrade hardware at full price every few years to get their free/cheap OS upgrades!

Thanks! :D:):o

This may have been asked before but didn't come up in my searches. Is there any reason for the ISY Finder not having a minimize option? Even having access to multiple devices one doesn't need the dialog box open on the screen at all times. So closing it, is currently the only option I see.

It looks like New Insteon Device feature and selecting a device type no longer operates as a work-around for new devices. When I try adding an as-yet unsupported Micro Module Open/Close unit by forcing a different device type under v. 4.0.2, I get the same error as I get using auto discover.

I have added three of the new micro modules. All I do is give my ISY the address and it finds and adds each all by itself. No need to use the set button on the module. Does anyone know if the RF section of these modules functions as an access point for other RF equipment or if it is just comm for the module itself?

Hello fitzpatri8,

Micro Module is supported. Can you tell me which model number you are trying to add?

With kind regards,

Michel

It's a 2444-222 Micro Open/Close module. I get a message that reads:

New Device Errors

The following devices could not be added:

(device address) Unsupported Device: 14.1

- Cannot add Insteon Device

Hi fitzpatri8,

Thanks so very much. This is quite odd since based on the developers notes:

Micro Module Relay:

(915 MHz: 2443-222 - Dev 0x02 / Sub 0x2F)

(869 MHz: 2443-422 - Dev 0x02 / Sub 0x31)

(921 MHz: 2443-522 - Dev 0x02 / Sub 0x32)

Whereas what the device is reporting is 14 (0x0E) which is category for Window Covering. Can you please let me know how you are adding it?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi fitzpatri8,

Thanks so very much. This is quite odd since based on the developers notes:

Micro Module Relay:

(915 MHz: 2443-222 - Dev 0x02 / Sub 0x2F)

(869 MHz: 2443-422 - Dev 0x02 / Sub 0x31)

(921 MHz: 2443-522 - Dev 0x02 / Sub 0x32)

Whereas what the device is reporting is 14 (0x0E) which is category for Window Covering. Can you please let me know how you are adding it?

With kind regards,

Michel

That's a different model. There are three different types of Micro Module:

2442-x22 is a Micro Dimmer;

2443-x22 is a Micro On/Off (relay); and

2444-x22 is a Micro Open/Close Motor Control. ( http://www.smarthome.com/2444-222/INSTE ... ule/p.aspx )

The most likely application of the last one is control of window coverings or projector screens, so the window covering category makes sense.

The first two models work fine with 4.0.2. Since the third isn't yet supported, I was trying to add it using the Link Management, New Insteon device feature by manually assigning a different device type.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, first the setup information, then the questions/issues:

Setup:

I have 4.0.2 properly installed.

ISY 994i/IR Pro (Zigbee installed as well)

General network info: WAN -> router/firewall (pfsense) -> switch -> everything else (ISY, etc)

Questions/Issues:

Could I get a bit of clarification for the theme color issue?

When I choose theme color "grey", the main window uses grey. The ISY finder window is still blue. Is that what the reported issue was saying, or is this something else?

Also, semi-related: My ISY Finder window always displays. It also never finds my ISY. However, since I made sure to download the admin.jnlp from my local IP, it launches properly. I would expect the finder to actually find the local device, regardless of whether I download the jnlp from UDI or my device. Is the purpose of the finder different?

Also, I have the following errors in my log file (I don't see the last one in the wiki):

Mon 2013/03/25 19:07:20 System -5012 56

Mon 2013/03/25 19:08:29 System -5017 57

Mon 2013/03/25 19:17:01 System -170001 [TCP-Conn] -1/-140002, CLI-WBug

The first two appear to be UPNP related, but I thought I read that was turned off. Did I misunderstand that as well?

Final one: Under the Electricity -> Main tab, the Power management section: I have a hard time saving proper values. I was going to manually update the items (until I can get a GEM) and see if I could get some really rough ideas of energy usage. However, as I add values, other ones change. It seems like I can get values to stay by editing, pressing enter, then moving to the next one. But once I save and refresh, a lot of the values are changed again. Am I just wasting time with that section? This is not new in 4.0.2, I was just hoping it would be fixed in this new beta. Since I see the same behavior, I'm bringing it up.

EDIT: Sorry, one more. When I do anything with files, the dialog doesn't populate properly. I've rebooted my machine multiple times since I first saw this. I still have the same issue. Basically it won't populate the folder right away and to get it to work I need to click on other folders then back to the folder I want. I'm on a Mac, running 10.8.3 (I'm pretty certain I saw this under 10.8.2 as well). Anyone else experience this issue, have any ideas, or maybe it's just something on my end? Also, this is running off a decent SSD, so I wouldn't expect there to be much delay on a normal basis. It's been thinking about loading a folder the entire time I've been typing this edit (basically, quite a bit more than a few seconds). This also happens even if the folder is blank. the icon spins like it is loading but nothing happens.

Hi,

Could I get a bit of clarification for the theme color issue?

When I choose theme color "grey", the main window uses grey. The ISY finder window is still blue. Is that what the reported issue was saying, or is this something else?

Bug in 4.0.2 and fixed in our next release

Also, semi-related: My ISY Finder window always displays. It also never finds my ISY. However, since I made sure to download the admin.jnlp from my local IP, it launches properly. I would expect the finder to actually find the local device, regardless of whether I download the jnlp from UDI or my device. Is the purpose of the finder different?

You are correct: the purpose of the Finder is to find ISY. This said, depending on your firewall (which may block UDP packets), ISY may not be found and thus the reason for the Add button so that you can enter the URL for ISY manually.

Also, I have the following errors in my log file (I don't see the last one in the wiki):

Mon 2013/03/25 19:07:20 System -5012 56

Mon 2013/03/25 19:08:29 System -5017 57

These mean that ISY lost communication with a subscriber with ID 56 and 57.

Mon 2013/03/25 19:17:01 System -170001 [TCP-Conn] -1/-140002, CLI-WBug

This means that ISY could not connect to WeatherBug

Final one: Under the Electricity -> Main tab, the Power management section: I have a hard time saving proper values. I was going to manually update the items (until I can get a GEM) and see if I could get some really rough ideas of energy usage. However, as I add values, other ones change. It seems like I can get values to stay by editing, pressing enter, then moving to the next one. But once I save and refresh, a lot of the values are changed again. Am I just wasting time with that section? This is not new in 4.0.2, I was just hoping it would be fixed in this new beta. Since I see the same behavior, I'm bringing it up.

Those values are only used for OpenADR and SEP. No other calculations are done based on those. In any case, after you edit a cell, you have to press the Enter button for the value to hold

EDIT: Sorry, one more. When I do anything with files, the dialog doesn't populate properly.

Which "files" are you referring to?

I've rebooted my machine multiple times since I first saw this. I still have the same issue. Basically it won't populate the folder right away and to get it to work I need to click on other folders then back to the folder I want. I'm on a Mac, running 10.8.3 (I'm pretty certain I saw this under 10.8.2 as well). Anyone else experience this issue, have any ideas, or maybe it's just something on my end? Also, this is running off a decent SSD, so I wouldn't expect there to be much delay on a normal basis. It's been thinking about loading a folder the entire time I've been typing this edit (basically, quite a bit more than a few seconds). This also happens even if the folder is blank. the icon spins like it is loading but nothing happens.

Need more information as to which "folders" are you referring to. Those under programs or the device tree? Have you cleared your Java cache?

With kind regards,

Michel

Those values are only used for OpenADR and SEP. No other calculations are done based on those. In any case, after you edit a cell, you have to press the Enter button for the value to hold

Sounds good, I'll just leave them be for now then. Although I was purposely hitting enter in some of my attempts and the values would stay until I hit save and then reloaded the values (by navigating to another area of the ISY gui and then back, in order to refresh the values).

But it sounds like it's pointless to me, so I'll just skip it altogether.

Need more information as to which "folders" are you referring to. Those under programs or the device tree? Have you cleared your Java cache?

Sorry about that, I know I was thinking about adding more info, but obviously never got around to it. I was referring to any dialog boxes between the ISY gui and the main computer. So tasks like upgrading (choosing the zip file), backing up the ISY (saving to a zip file), etc.

Oh, and as far as the finder window goes... I'll double check the UDP stuff on my firewall/router machine. Perhaps I'm restricting something for the network.

-Josh

i814u2 wrote:

I've rebooted my machine multiple times since I first saw this. I still have the same issue. Basically it won't populate the folder right away and to get it to work I need to click on other folders then back to the folder I want. I'm on a Mac, running 10.8.3 (I'm pretty certain I saw this under 10.8.2 as well). Anyone else experience this issue, have any ideas, or maybe it's just something on my end? Also, this is running off a decent SSD, so I wouldn't expect there to be much delay on a normal basis. It's been thinking about loading a folder the entire time I've been typing this edit (basically, quite a bit more than a few seconds). This also happens even if the folder is blank. the icon spins like it is loading but nothing happens.

i814u2-

I can confirm this behavior on my macs running 10.8.2 & 10.8.3. Very annoying and totally unrelated to the ISY & UDI. Clicking away and back shows the folder contents almost immediately. Best I can figure so far is a spotlight issue.

-Xathros